sharetrader
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Copper Company?

https://www.mining.com/web/shutting-...starting-them/

Copper miners and analysts have forecast growing deficits starting in the mid-2020s, driven by rising demand for the metal in wind and solar farms, high voltage cables and electric vehicles.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Great ann from CNB today - Mt Hope shines with copper and gold! Lots to like here and plenty of drilling to come
    Happy holder

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202302...5w7czhp23t.pdf

"With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Nice announcement from CPM today with drilling to start at Mt Isa - Ardmore south next week - early rockchip sampling indicating high copper/gold mineralisation. Drilling commencing and then waiting for results is always the most exciting time for shareholders! Cooper Metals and Carnaby resources (CNB) nearby - copper plays, holding both

Managing DirectorIan Warland, commented:
    RC drilling is now planned to commence next week, with the successful completion of a heritage
    survey andthesecuring adrill contractor in the area.We willprioritisethe strong IP chargeability
    anomaly with coincidentcopper-gold anomalism.Once drilling isunderway,we will fast track any
    samples through the Mt Isalaboratory and provide updates asinformation comes to hand.

Default RXM Looks very cheap for a Cu Au developer goal to be producer in SA AUS

Analyst valuation >https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...t+-+9May23.pdf

Investment Thesis: RXM Has Got It Just Right
    Initiation of Rex Minerals (RXM) - valuation of A$0.87 per share.
    Right project – flagship project, Hillside Copper:
    final investment decision targeted for Mid CY2023
    The Hillside Project has an optimised and updated feasibility study completed. Key project metrics include:
    • 1.9Mt Cu + 1.5Moz Au Mineral Resource and 0.99Mt Cu and 834koz Au Ore Reserve
    • fully permitted with key transport and power infrastructure in place
    • Stage 1 (11 years) with annual payable metal of circa 42kt Cu and 30koz Au while only extracting
    around half of the current Ore Reserve
    • pre-production capital cost of A$854m
    • 100% ownership giving funding flexibility, including the potential introduction of a strategic partner
    • final investment decision targeted for Mid CY23
    • Stage 2 development shows potential for 20+ year operation
    • substantial potential for Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve growth, leading to further potential mine
    life extension and higher production rates.

Buying low 20c range ... one I'd like to growth a decent position and HOLD LT .... much like BSE ... for a the future high yield

RXM's project has big Capex attached.
    I had small dealings with Richard Laufmann when he was at Ballarat & Indophil. What he pulled off at the latter was quite incredible.
    He's a smart guy & as I always say, follow the management.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    RXM's project has big Capex attached.
    I had small dealings with Richard Laufmann when he was at Ballarat & Indophil. What he pulled off at the latter was quite incredible.
    He's a smart guy & as I always say, follow the management.
    Yes a large CAPEX but thats going be much the same range*(inflation) for any Aussie based miner that wants to bring on a material production profile..

Good chance a major miner will want to JVP the project as forward Cu demands are looking primed for much higher spot prices

IMO

I'm thinking of topping up on CNB as price drops despite more great drill results

I have one I am working up a position on that I will share at some point.

CNB looks interesting & has good people. I used to meet with Greg Barrett when I was in Perth. Good bloke. Market cap is quite high for a company not in production, but they certainly have some good dirt.
    Last edited by Daytr; 06-06-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I'm thinking of topping up on CNB as price drops despite more great drill results
    Yeah I'm not sold on CNB at present still no JORC resource ...most of the drilling results are down-plunge which isn't true width but a third .. makes for great ann numbers but when it comes to mining I'm not so hyped as of yet yet ... (I've been burnt before on high grade narrow veins) JORC is coming so worth waiting for that .. but even more so Reserves which will only come from extensive DFS work ..

For me I look at RXM worth 30mill less see a company that is easy several years ahead of CNB with JORC reserves DFS 30yr LOM and overall two great looking projects SA renewable power a good look for a Copper producer -- Cu + USA Au ...

When you look at RXM mine plan its looks idea for the open-pit model flat near surface open at depth and along tend //

CNB is about to announce first JORC this Qty so I'd be least waiting for that before throwing more funds in IMHO PFS late this year ...

AS we know Copper demand is meant to surpass production by 2025 and only keep going ...

AS a T/O target RXM also has it if funding is reached late 2025 production along with very large land holding in the mineral rich SA