Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    sure your not a realties agent ???.
    Gosh no!. Scum of the earth in my view.

Phew had me worried there for a minute.

Cheers
    miner

Default Kiwisaver

Ok Kiwisavers more good news – you only need to contribute 2% of your pay from 1 April – not the current 4%. Only drawback is you got to be buying in the bottom 25% of house prices in the region.

Default New OCR

Its been a good week. Now we have another 0.5% coming off the OCR (down to 3.0%) which will put downward pressure on variable rate mortgages. And there’s potential for a little bit more to be squeezed off rates over the next few months. Bollard reckons the bottom of the trough will be hit mid year – and that’s only a couple of months away. So we’ve had huge rate cuts, a depreciated dollar and govt stimulus along with lowering inflation – things are beginning to look a lot rosier.

Default No fixed rate moves yet

Not a single bank has moved anything but floating or 6m rates so far today. Looks like 50bp cut was already built into existing 1-5Yr rates. 25bp in April and then another 25bp in June looks like the go for the next few months. I have 3 mortgages up for re-fixing in May , 2 in June and 1 in Sept. Hoping for 3Yr rates at about 5.75% ...

Just put an offer on a rental in Nelson ... $229k asking , just offered $202,500 ... see how I get on. Rental appraisal is $280-$300pw. Aiming to buy 8 more rentals b4 we say goodbye to 2009.

Minimoke, are you being sarcastic in your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by bambi View Post
    Minimoke, are you being sarcastic in your comment?
    Not at all. I just feel we need a sense of balance amongst all the gloom mongerers. The negative tide is turning - and I'll show why on another thread.

Two Auckland houses have sold for well over their reserves after drawing big crowds at open homes and auctions.
    Jane Palmer, of LJ Hooker, said the fact that interest rates had hit a new low was thought to be part of the impetus for strong bidding on the properties.
    Ian Jowsey, sales manager and auctioneer for LJ Hooker Ponsonby, said Wednesday's 6pm auction drew 150 to 180 people and strong bidding for both places.
    A house at 37 Pine St in the Mt Eden/Balmoral area was valued at $590,000, had a reserve of $625,000 and sold for $730,000.
    "Rich in character is this refurbished three- to four-bedroom transitional villa," the agency said, citing west-facing indoor/outdoor flow to a generous lawn, in a quiet street and near popular schools, village shops and transport.
    The second house, at 63 Mulgan St in New Windsor, had a reserve of $280,000, was valued at $350,000 and sold for $340,000. It was marketed as needing work.

Hi Mini have you got a link to the New Windsor one ?,ta.

Cheers
    Miner

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    Hi Mini have you got a link to the New Windsor one ?,ta.

Cheers
    Miner
    Its no tmuch but try this: http://www.ljhooker.co.nz/images/dyn...tial&e3=278298

or this http://www.realestate.co.nz/1001887
    Last edited by minimoke; 17-03-2009 at 04:23 PM.