sharetrader
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast

Having just sat through another aftershock it seems good news on the property front is some way away. Since this is supposed to be a positive thread perhaps someone else can come up with something to brighten our day.

Bummer about the shocks MM,hope they stop soon for you guys and wish you all the best,but as far as this thread goes it's no different to any other on ST as in people post there opinions and they can differ.

Readers can decide for themselves how things in the property market have played out since this bullish thread started.

Cheers
    miner

Quote Originally Posted by miner View Post
    ,but as far as this thread goes it's no different to any other on ST as in people post there opinions and they can differ.
    I quite agree - but it always helps when people stay on topic.
    So in the spirit of this thread - that being good news, its raining here in Christchurch which means when the spent Guy Fawkes sky rockets land on the tarpaulin on your roof theres not much chance of it catching alight and burning your house down and creating another hole in the property market. Selling a house with no chimney ain't the easiest - but its a whole lot harder if your place looks a bit charred around the edges.

Hmmm as you sound like you have your hands full will just say again best of luck and hope things get sorted ASAP for you.

Cheers
    Miner

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    I was refering to the general feeling hanging around.

Fungus, are you one of the people who may have difficutly with an influx of people from asia ?

?? In what way would I have difficulty with that?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    ?? In what way would I have difficulty with that?
    That would depend on your outlook, maybe no problem at all, maybe you would like to see our property market get a boost who knows

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by robo View Post
    That would depend on your outlook, maybe no problem at all, maybe you would like to see our property market get a boost who knows
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. I certainly don't want to see a boost to our property market though. It is already way out of whack so should and will fall over time. Controlled immagration won't have much of an effect.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 06-11-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Controlled immagration won't have much of an effect.
    Really, i think it might

The good news right now for real property investors (ie not looking at short term gains in capital value aka speculators) is that vacancies are low, interest rates are low, rents are solid, and another dollop of income arrives in the bank account every week. Cashflow is a wonderful thing and little understood by many. These are good times for property investors.

The major cost for property investors is usually mortgage interest. Good news to see the rates dropping, especially at a time of strong rental demand especially in Auckland.