Quote Originally Posted by marknz88 View Post
Thanks for all your help shasta and minimoke!

I now have a much better understanding of how the tax side of things works after clearing out all my wrong understandings.

I will leave the whole company structure out of the equation until I start earning over the $70k threshold, in which case I will then re evaluate if need be.

I guess you could say I was getting stuck in a pipe dream BUT

I do definitely want to give day trading a go. I will be easing my way into it. (currently as I am still building my capital base I watch the markets and paper trade my system with some good results on paper) I understand the need for money management and will be paying strong attention to this.

I attempt to use TA (I wouldnt classify my self as an absolute beginner, I have had some success so far using TA but am learning more and more every day I watch the markets but not at an intermediate level yet either)

Margin lending is something I don't want to get into ever really. Bull market or no bull market.

I currently have $4k in the markets. This is now worth only $2200 roughly. I learned my lesson about stop losses/money preservation and that any profit is a profit the hard way you could say like everybody else. I plan to just pop these stocks in the bottom draw for when the recovery occurs.

Why its dead money, take the loss & regroup?

Buy something trending up!

For the time being I will keep watching and learning and take into consideration your wisdom shasta as you have been doing this much longer than I have.

I am by no means an expert, & am trying to use more TA to compliment my FA.

I'm not trading in a bear market, that's like swimming in a rip!

If I have any future questions I wont hesitate to ask them haha

You do that

Thanks again!
I do wish you all the luck, you're gonna need it!