sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

The approachable Admin Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lawso View Post
    The logging-in nonsense seems to have corrected itself, or been corrected by some mysterious and anonymous hand.
    Lawso, - Nothing has changed at all. Strat answered the way I would have answered. I thought that would have sorted it for you! Normally 99% of the time a cookie which is required has been deleted, - if you come accross this problem again > Log in again and make sure the 'remember me' box is ticked. If it still does not log you in, dump all your internet cache, cookies, temp file (inculding all offline content. (Found by right clicking on the IE5 icon and then properties.

I would suggest that you upgrade to IE7. It's very easy to perform and should only take about 5-10 minutes. Go here and just click download. (The link is Microsoft) It self installs, and instructions are very easy to follow.

Hope that helps.

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Lawso, I've noticed lately I get timed out while I am reading along thread (eg reading an internet attchment). Maybe they changed the way the timeout works, or just shortened the time
    Tobo, - Sessions did time out after 15 minutes and I've now changed it to 20 minutes unless you keep logged in under rremember me.

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Digger had a similar problem-he ended up having to change his name to reggid !

Hopefully you will overcome such a frustration .
    Fish, - are you like the forum Nark or something?

Advanced Member

Default Thanks Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Fish, - are you like the forum Nark or something?
    Just trying to be helpful-I have a low computer literacy and didnt mean to infer anything negative about this great forum.
    Thanks for explaining what happened

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Just trying to be helpful-I have a low computer literacy and didnt mean to infer anything negative about this great forum.
    Thanks for explaining what happened
    I was giving you a wind-up Fish..