sharetrader
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12062800

Brian Gaynor: NZ's best investor — is it BoP Regional Council?

Who is New Zealand's best investor?
    This is a difficult question to answer but the Bay of Plenty Regional Council is an obvious candidate because of its stewardship of Port of Tauranga, which has created vast shareholder value over the past 26 years.

Great article, thanks for the link.

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/106...rt-of-tauranga

Bit of a BBQ at POT and container terminal closed.

Is the lower support finally starting to cave?

Quote Originally Posted by martinchnz1 View Post
    Is the lower support finally starting to cave?
    Hey, out of interest what do you mean by the comment? You sensing a downward fall for the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Hey, out of interest what do you mean by the comment? You sensing a downward fall for the stock?
    Well it's already 6.3% down from it's peak within the last few weeks and many commentators have called it over valued stating fair value at $3.80.

Quote Originally Posted by martinchnz1 View Post
    Well it's already 6.3% down from it's peak within the last few weeks and many commentators have called it over valued stating fair value at $3.80.
    POT is an excellent business with great management but has been seriously overvalued for a long time. Even being generous with the numbers you plug in to the Graham formula its very hard to get a fair value over 3.30 and thats with no discount (no discount probably fair in the case of POT with its pedigree).

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    POT is an excellent business with great management but has been seriously overvalued for a long time. Even being generous with the numbers you plug in to the Graham formula its very hard to get a fair value over 3.30 and thats with no discount (no discount probably fair in the case of POT with its pedigree).
    Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by the Graham formula?

I guess if its overvalued the SP might take a hit with the upcoming annual results this Friday. For me POT is long term and have to slowly accumulate as it builds.

IMO

Yep best stock to set and forget for 10 years if you had to pick one imo, RYM another fave.
    Your $1m inheritance is locked for 10 years in one company, which one ?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 20-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawstudent05 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by the Graham formula?

I guess if its overvalued the SP might take a hit with the upcoming annual results this Friday. For me POT is long term and have to slowly accumulate as it builds.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Graham_formula

normally the formula presented in the link is very optimistic with its valuation so instead of 2g I just use the plain long term growth rate.

so you get
    v= eps * (8.5+g).

I can’t tell you what will happen to the SP in the short run, flipping a coin will be just as accurate. In the long run I am sure they will continue the march onward and upward