sharetrader
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Strange to see a large company gain alot with no news/ann. The only thing i could find which related to POT was an update on the inland port in Kawerau in the BOP. This will increase the efficiency shipments from Kawerau to the port (2.4mil tonnes of logs a year), maybe this is whats pushing the SP

Quote Originally Posted by Gusballs View Post
    Strange to see a large company gain alot with no news/ann. The only thing i could find which related to POT was an update on the inland port in Kawerau in the BOP. This will increase the efficiency shipments from Kawerau to the port (2.4mil tonnes of logs a year), maybe this is whats pushing the SP
    Gusballs thanks for your info. I have shares with POT and I work at POT with a stevedore company but not for POT.
    Your info makes sense. The port at the Mount side is jammed with logs (big time more than ever).
    This would free up space at the port and reduce the storage time of logs at POT. Even though that POT clips the bus ticket for log storage awaiting the ships in JAS.(JAS is close to m3 by volume, Japanese Agricultural Standard)
    Cheers for that .

Quote Originally Posted by blocker3 View Post
    Gusballs thanks for your info. I have shares with POT and I work at POT with a stevedore company but not for POT.
    Your info makes sense. The port at the Mount side is jammed with logs (big time more than ever).
    This would free up space at the port and reduce the storage time of logs at POT. Even though that POT clips the bus ticket for log storage awaiting the ships in JAS.(JAS is close to m3 by volume, Japanese Agricultural Standard)
    Cheers for that .
    it will reduce the 'back log' at the port, no pun indented. this could potentially free up more commercial land to be developed, room for a new berth??

What happens to the logs once they get to the port, is there a reason for the logs being held at the port for such a long time.

Hi Gussballs. Good last question. Usually they sit around for up to 6 weeks at POT. If there is to be a Inland Port for logs ,this will free up the time that the logs are at POT. Land and space at Kawerau must be cheaper and a larger area.

Well done Steve Gray for Chief Financial officer of the year with POT.
    Last edited by blocker3; 24-11-2017 at 05:25 AM.

percy

We live in interesting times.
    Thanks to www.4-traders.com.
    POT current eps 12.26cents, at a PE of 40.46 gives current sp of $4.96.
    eps growth expected to be this year 5.7% and next year 7.6% giving ave 6.65%.
    Should we say POT should have a PE of twice their eps growth we would have a PE of 13.3. I do think we should look at a PE of between 20 and 25.
    So PE of 13.3 gives sp of $1.63
    PE of 20 gives sp of $2.25
    PE of 25 gives sp of $3.06.
    disc.I do not hold.

Hi Percy.

Thanks for your analysis. Always appreciated.Cheers.

Trying to understand dividend expectation for POT.
    5 for 1 share split 17 October 2016 made continuity of dividends less obvious. But continuity looks ok.
    Dividends 2016 = 78 cps +30.3 imputation credits (all before 17 Oct) = 108.3 cps. Divided by 5 = 21.7 cps (rounded)
    Dividends 2017 = 16.2 cps + 6.3 imputation credits = 22.5 cps gross
    22.5 cps divided by current share price $4.94 = 4.55% dividend return gross (not counting possible sp increase), so that is just above a bank term deposit earnings.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    Trying to understand dividend expectation for POT.
    5 for 1 share split 17 October 2016 made continuity of dividends less obvious. But continuity looks ok.
    Dividends 2016 = 78 cps +30.3 imputation credits (all before 17 Oct) = 108.3 cps. Divided by 5 = 21.7 cps (rounded)
    Dividends 2017 = 16.2 cps + 6.3 imputation credits = 22.5 cps gross
    22.5 cps divided by current share price $4.94 = 4.55% dividend return gross (not counting possible sp increase), so that is just above a bank term deposit earnings.
    4.55% gross or net 3.28%.
    shares on issue,680,581,230
    market cap $3,362,071,276
    eps 12.26
    PE 40.29.
    NTA $1.34
    Dividend ps 16.2 cent
    Dividend yield 3.28%
    I do note the dividend is higher than eps.
    Great company,even greater share price.?

The only way I will pay a PE of 40 is if I foresee profit growing at a similar rate. Maybe Winston rocks the boat long term on this whole port thing and their seemingly completely defensive position and massive moat isn't as impenetrable as it appears ? Risks outweigh potential modest rewards ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine