sharetrader
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Guru

Similar sort of thing with containers. On reefer (refrigerated) shipments, shipping companies are slugging everyone with $1,000 USD per container for several main ports - port congestion surcharges/no plugs/having to re-route.

Not a lot of chat on POT.

Anyone looking around the $5 mark here. Buy and hold long term strategy?

cheers

going to lose the cruise boat revenue now. & less stuff being imported & exported as recession starts to hit. long term; all good but the current dip still has a long way to go.

Some really massive price action here. Does anyone have any solid reasoning why POT will go lower than what it is ? I feel like the market has priced in all of the bad news and now we have solid support again off a long term TL. Sea is going to be the cheapest and maybe only place to ship stuff in the short term and with China getter “better” won’t ports be opening etc again? This is a broad view and I’m open to “education”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Some really massive price action here. Does anyone have any solid reasoning why POT will go lower than what it is ? I feel like the market has priced in all of the bad news and now we have solid support again off a long term TL. Sea is going to be the cheapest and maybe only place to ship stuff in the short term and with China getter “better” won’t ports be opening etc again? This is a broad view and I’m open to “education”
    Interesting. Vessels and container space out of NZ is hard to get at the moment. Airfreight space is going to be tight. No announcements for any material change, and last announcement only 2 weeks ago about container volumes continuing to grow.

But at the same time, it was at a similar price as recent as April last year.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    The main reason why POT will/may go lower is that the market generally is unsettled - to put it mildly!

I see POT had a big write up in Craigs latest quarterly, seeing them as quality, best of breed - a safe harbour they described it as in their title.

And price has come down a lot like everything

But it is still on a historical PE of 40!

I cant touch this.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I see POT had a big write up in Craigs latest quarterly, seeing them as quality, best of breed - a safe harbour they described it as in their title.

And price has come down a lot like everything

But it is still on a historical PE of 40!

I cant touch this.
    Best of breed yes but it will be affected.

Cruise ship revenue is gone. Economic downturn will depress container traffic, log volumes, oil and general cargo. Likewise knock-on effects on stevedoring and their logistics businesses. PE of 80 on this year's earnings?

POT have been paying 18c dividend on 14.69c per share, 5c of which has been subsidised by debt and called a special dividend. I would expect this practice to be reviewed on falling profits.

The heck, I'm out.
    $6.70 given current conditions? I cannot see this price as sustainable. The stock market is being a real womble, sidelining till I find some sense again 😅 so much uncertainty and despite the beginnings of freight movement even China will not be able to pursue the demand it once did when nation after nation fall into deep depression/recession.