sharetrader
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

POT looks like going to break above the resistance of 20.00... Technically very healthy looking.. fingers crossed.

saying it too early... lol

IMO

POTZ trading @ $3.89 ;POT $19.45 with the 5 to one split happening. In almost all share splits I've observed in the past the post split price drops below where it should be. This could be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    POTZ trading @ $3.89 ;POT $19.45 with the 5 to one split happening. In almost all share splits I've observed in the past the post split price drops below where it should be. This could be the exception.
    So it is trading where it should be! I've seen plenty of "splits" ending up trading higher than where they theoretically should.
    With POT it is worth remembering that it is recently ex 55c of div & special div so it is akin to still being around the $20 mark cum div.

Default Asm

I'm going to ASM on Thursday... anyone else going?

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    I'm going to ASM on Thursday... anyone else going?
    Ask the top table for the number of TEU movements through their Rolleston inland port.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

I'll predict not very many.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Ask the top table for the number of TEU movements through their Rolleston inland port.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Yes will check this out MM... annual report says the Timaru Container Terminal handled 18% more cargo during the year and "our South Island-based customers are also starting to utilise our new intermodal freight hub at Rolleston... and (it) is used for receipt, packing and distribution of containerised cargo, as well as an empty container depot."

bohemian... I assume your comment gives a knowledgeable local view of activity... interested to know if its fact, feeling or observation that generated the comment?

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    i am not really convince where they are going to find growth?
    Hmm... I believe they will... they have over the past 25 years I have been an investor.

POT is my oldest holding and currently shows in my portfolio at a return of 17.7%pa compounding over that time. These days it pays me annual dividends well in excess of what I paid for the shares back then.

My view is the Company has "moat" like qualities and benefits greatly in that it is governed as a commercial company (unlike its peers) and has therefore evolved into NZ's leading port.

So I think it will grow, as it has done since it has been a listed public company.

How much growth there is likely to be in the short term and whether at the current share price it's a buy is another matter.

I'm happy to hold... take my dividends... and receive a nice capital return over the next four years... the growth will come and may be when Mr Market has a bout of depression in the future I'll add to my holding!

IMO

Just looking at the growth here in Tauranga let alone Auckland and the rest of NZ, except rural i can see that there will be no problem with Import growth and our primary Industries esp dairy,meat,kiwifruit, avos , logs etc are as strong as ever or more so, for export, 80!! cruise ships coming in this year, a record i think. Dredging allows bigger ships in now.Auck port clogged up space wise and red tape wise.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-10-2016 at 11:36 AM.