sharetrader
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    percy

Malus.
    Thanks for sharing .
    Excellent commentary.
    Interesting using POT as the hub for the Aussies too.

IMO

Yes thanks for sharing malus; appreciate it.

Can anyone shed some light on the recent increases of POT? Up more than 15c yesterday...?

Not any 1 reason but the major capex projects are complete, bigger ships are arriving, higher volumes are being forecast, nice dividend, continued growth.

Technically $20 pre split and $4 since the split was a major resistance. It's bust through $4 now and I think $4 becomes resistance with good upside.

percy

A PE of 38.2 is in actual fact the sp is over 38 years earnings!!.
    So will growth be over 20% or over 30%pa?

I don't think so but barring a natural disaster, POT will still be there in 100 years where many growth companies with growth rates of 20-30% may not.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I don't think so but barring a natural disaster, POT will still be there in 100 years where many growth companies with growth rates of 20-30% may not.
    Agreed.
    I expect they will move over to the ASX.!..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on the recent increases of POT? Up more than 15c yesterday...?
    Good question... not really able to help... interestingly, at the AGM main reason for share split was to provide more stock liquidity... looking at the charts daily volumes traded are up, but I'm not sure that daily trading value is much different? May be punters pushing price on because they "seem cheaper"?

Hamburg-Sud to put a few bigger container ships through the port during peak kiwifruit season
    http://www.findata.co.nz/News/492738...o_Tauranga.htm

Probably picking up some of Wellington's Centre Port trade while it picks itself up from earthquake damage and is probably handling some of the coastal shipping trade that previously went down the main trunk rail line.

One assumes POT efficiently clicking the ticket as goods flow through it's Ports.

Workers at Lyttelton grumpy, citizens of Auckland don't want the Port messing around in their water way playground... what's an unloved port(s) to do?? Answer let the citizens of Tauranga and their Port find solutions to get the goods moving!

So no real answers for you ados other than perhaps punters think they want to own a piece of the best port in the land... and why not.
    Last edited by malus; 03-02-2017 at 03:37 PM.

percy

Totally agree with your comments.
    Just the valuation, or the price one has to pay,I have trouble with.
    Had a bit of a chuckle to myself when I read Lyttelton Port's Union were again unhappy.Wondered whether POT made contribution to The People's Republic of Christchurch LPC Union funds?POT's best friends!!..lol.

Share price went up because there are no more big capex to pay, and money will be returned to shareholders. $0.25 per share per year over 4 years, from memory of the last calculation I made. DYOR, mine is not what others would consider acceptable because I incorporate my perception of value and other weird stuff. I anticipate the price to hang around $4.3, peak at $3.5 then go down due to trade drop.