sharetrader
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=percy;653659]Totally agree with your comments.
    Just the valuation, or the price one has to pay,I have trouble with.

Yes agree... I'm not accumulating... happy holding... still waiting for Mr Market to throw the toys out of the cot so I can buy more!!

percy

[QUOTE=malus;653702]
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Totally agree with your comments.
    Just the valuation, or the price one has to pay,I have trouble with.

Yes agree... I'm not accumulating... happy holding... still waiting for Mr Market to throw the toys out of the cot so I can buy more!!
    You are not alone.!!....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Share price went up because there are no more big capex to pay, and money will be returned to shareholders. $0.25 per share per year over 4 years, from memory of the last calculation I made. DYOR, mine is not what others would consider acceptable because I incorporate my perception of value and other weird stuff. I anticipate the price to hang around $4.3, peak at $3.5 then go down due to trade drop.
    Do you mean peak at $4.50?? Also with the share split capital return over next three years will be $0.05 per share.
    Last edited by malus; 03-02-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Do you mean peak at $4.50?? Also with the share split capital turn over next three years will be $0.05 per share.
    Oooh, that's true, that makes it only 5c or so. I'm tempted to sell on that...

percy

Craigs' blog dated 2/2/2017 have POT on a 2017 forecast PE of 40.1.

Oooh, that's true, that makes it only 5c or so. I'm tempted to sell on that...
    After last announcement dividend was going to be 5.6% gross.

Quote Originally Posted by malus View Post
    Do you mean peak at $4.50?? Also with the share split capital return over next three years will be $0.05 per share.
    Well that's the $4.5 reached. I had figured that'd be about the time when a report on lower log demand would come out and cause a drop, but it looks like the dollar is working in the right direction so probably no drop.

Well that's the $4.5 reached. I had figured that'd be about the time when a report on lower log demand would come out and cause a drop, but it looks like the dollar is working in the right direction so probably no drop.
    Why would you expect a lower demand in logs? Understandably there is some risk surrounding China and their furniture exports to America and their consequent log demand but the upcomming "Wall (speed bump) of Wood" will get harvested and it will go somewhere be it China, India, Korea or somewhere else as there isnt the domestic capacity in the region to absorb it. Log prices may fall during this time but that affects owners revenue not the ports....

What happened to POT? I had some shares but sold them around 2011 and they were breaking in to double figures.
    The story I got told was selling logs to China - solid infrastructure yadda yadda. So what happened? Ooh - a split share.

The thing is that POT were one of my first starter shares and did really well. I'm not to sure what the new "POT" is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
    What happened to POT? I had some shares but sold them around 2011 and they were breaking in to double figures.
    The story I got told was selling logs to China - solid infrastructure yadda yadda. So what happened? Ooh - a split share.

The thing is that POT were one of my first starter shares and did really well. I'm not to sure what the new "POT" is like.
    First shares I ever bought were POT, back in 2013 - I was working in freight/logistics and noticed plenty of shipments and road orders that were once headed for Ports of Auckland now going into Port of Tauranga's/Kiwirails joint venture rail head in Onehunga "Metroport" which offered, at the time [ now there are 4 daily services ] a direct overnight rail service from Auckland to Port of Tauranga at a price shipping lines clearly could not resist.

Once the Maersk deal landed I bumped up my holdings some more and it has been a steady performer with no downside.

POT have popped up a couple inland ports all across the country and Maersk have pushed to get as many Feeder vessels from smaller ports across NZ into TGA for some of the bigger deep sea vessels...

Disc. held.