sharetrader
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    Advanced Member

https://www.shippingaustralia.com.au...n-new-zealand/

Covid jabs becoming mandatory. I know many people at Napier port refusing to take vaccine with concerns of the woke. Guess they will decide to quit, or lose their job unless they get the vaccine.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Six weeks ago it was not uncommon to see up to 10 ships sitting out in the Hauraki Gulf waiting to berth due to restrictions in the port operation. They are probably avoiding this wasted time.
    Delays and congestion is common at many/most major ports globally currently. Situation certainly not just applicable to Auckland or Tauranga.

Still keen to know what lines have pulled out, as HRC20 mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lots of their port workers not happy today

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ing-cargo-ship
    Unhappy Arseholes who could not be bothered to get vaccinated.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Unhappy Arseholes who could not be bothered to get vaccinated.
    Nine of 98 Tauranga port workers tested for Covid are fully vaccinated | 1 NEWS | TVNZ

Headline says it all......

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    https://www.shippingaustralia.com.au...n-new-zealand/

Covid jabs becoming mandatory. I know many people at Napier port refusing to take vaccine with concerns of the woke. Guess they will decide to quit, or lose their job unless they get the vaccine.
    I really dont think you can sack someone for not taking an untested medicine.
    This is where it gets interesting. Its actually against the Geneva convention for a state to coerce someone into a medical treatment.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I really dont think you can sack someone for not taking an untested medicine.
    This is where it gets interesting. Its actually against the Geneva convention for a state to coerce someone into a medical treatment.
    At this point as my doctor mentioned believe in the science. I won’t listen to what my work colleague tells me is best for me. I will listen to my doctor who believes in science. He has also been vaccinated.

I would prefer the vaccine to get mandated unless the majority of our doctors and nurses think it is unsafe for the individual, not Joe Blogs who looks through the internet

Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it or spreading it, so not sure blaming the workers proves anything.
    I agree with Peat. I walked away from the industry rather than be a lab rat and take an unproven solution to a problem that you have to be tested to know if you have.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it or spreading it, so not sure blaming the workers proves anything.
    I agree with Peat. I walked away from the industry rather than be a lab rat and take an unproven solution to a problem that you have to be tested to know if you have.
    I’m not telling you what to do, but I feel if the medical professionals tell you it’s safe, it is safe.
    Not listening to Joe blogs on the internet.

I agree it does not stop you getting the virus. It does not cure anything with any vaccine you take. It only minimises the risk. Did you get your polio jab or flu vaccine?

https://goforward.com/blog/covid-19/what-is-a-vaccine

Just look at the vaccines given in nz

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/preventative-health-wellness/immunisation/new-zealand-immunisation-schedule

It will be interesting to see how many port workers will walk due to their stubbornness or if most are just talk.

My whole family have had the vaccine as we care about your family as much as ours.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 10-08-2021 at 12:26 PM.

I am happy for you to have the vaccine. I don't get the flu vaccine, I have numerous others.
    It is about the freedom to choose.
    And I can tell you that in an industry already struggling to find suitably skilled staff that there are others like myself walking away. Will it bring the industry to a standstill - probably not. But it will definitely have an impact if you mandate vaccines.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    I am happy for you to have the vaccine. I don't get the flu vaccine, I have numerous others.
    It is about the freedom to choose.
    And I can tell you that in an industry already struggling to find suitably skilled staff that there are others like myself walking away. Will it bring the industry to a standstill - probably not. But it will definitely have an impact if you mandate vaccines.
    I agree and that is what the government have indicated this morning. It will be interesting as to who will bend first. I’m guessing the
    Government