sharetrader
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it or spreading it, so not sure blaming the workers proves anything.
    I agree with Peat. I walked away from the industry rather than be a lab rat and take an unproven solution to a problem that you have to be tested to know if you have.
    It totally does, Pfizer stops between 64 to 96% of ALL infections.

Covid-19: Moderna and Pfizer vaccines prevent infections as well as symptoms, CDC study finds

Here’s How Well COVID-19 Vaccines Work Against the Delta Variant

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I really dont think you can sack someone for not taking an untested medicine.
    This is where it gets interesting. Its actually against the Geneva convention for a state to coerce someone into a medical treatment.
    You don't get out much do you? I've been ordered off a bus at gunpoint in the middle of the Amazon for a compulsory yellow fever vaccine. Luckily I had my trusty yellow book showing I had already been vaccinated.

To pick one more of many, many examples, the BCG vaccine which btw leaves a permanent scar is compulsory at birth in many countries in Asia such as South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Malaysia.
    Last edited by Jaa; 10-08-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Guru

Is it true what I have heard?
    That the port workers didn't get the vaccine so that they would be made redundant, collect the redundancy, then get the vaccine so they could be rehired as independent contractors at 3 x the rate they are getting?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Is it true what I have heard?
    That the port workers didn't get the vaccine so that they would be made redundant, collect the redundancy, then get the vaccine so they could be rehired as independent contractors at 3 x the rate they are getting?
    Not heard of anything like this in Napier. I do feel that sack the guys until they get vaccinated. They will come back with their pants down their ankles in the hope to get the work.

There may have to be some work on this by the ports to make it worker friendly rather than we need everyone now or we need you tonight at 12am which does happen.

OK. Can't argue with the CDC because they have no ulterior motive.
    http://stateofthenation.co/?p=7894

But hey, go ahead and get vaccinated. Let me know how that works out for you in a couple of years.

Lets see what happens dockside when those idiots you have no respect for actually walk off the job. There are bunch of other guys pushing retirement who will also pull the plug when they are forced to work longer and less pleasant shifts.

Shipping companies are already ditching less profitable runs to cash in on the big money. Lets add a few delays to traveling to the backside of the earth for minimal return.

But again, you know best.

“They’re not even hiding it anymore!
    Mass murder by Covid jab is being
    perpetrated in broad daylight. All
    of the COVID-19 injections are now
    the real super-spreaders. Whoever
    is not killed by the Covid killshots,
    is given the disease. Many are bed-
    ridden for months; others debilitated
    for life; some incapacitated for days.
    Everyone is witnessing a deliberate
    global depopulation event. They
    know the vaccinated become shedders.
    Which means every person on Earth
    will be vulnerable to the never-ending
    Covid Super Vaccination Agenda.
    And the perps only get more brazen
    and reckless and desperate by the
    week.”

Heres a quote off your state of the nation website you linked. What a load of horsesh*t.

On the doghouse

But hey, go ahead and get vaccinated. Let me know how that works out for you in a couple of years.
    So the logic of your argument is that because someone is making a profit, the product or service they are selling must be corrupt?

Would you rather buy a product or service from a company that didn't make money and was on the verge of going out of business?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-08-2021 at 09:23 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Lets see what happens dockside when those idiots you have no respect for actually walk off the job. There are bunch of other guys pushing retirement who will also pull the plug when they are forced to work longer and less pleasant shifts.

Shipping companies are already ditching less profitable runs to cash in on the big money. Lets add a few delays to traveling to the backside of the earth for minimal return.

But again, you know best.
    Did you just post a conspiracy theory website. Jesus Christ. Is just about anyone allowed to join Sharetrader these days...

Think what you like. Time will be the judge, I got nothing to prove.
    I have seen it all before and I'll probably live long enough to see it all again.

As for all your imports, good luck.

Think what you like. Time will be the judge, I got nothing to prove.
    I have seen it all before and I'll probably live long enough to see it all again.

As for all your imports, good luck.
    You could die though, a horrible drawn out death all by yourself struggling to breath with the knowledge that you had infected everyone you know and love. Worse would be the thoughts that you, your family and friends wouldn't be there if you had just got the vaccine.

Not a hard cost/benefit analysis to do. Thus, I got my first jab as soon as I could, second one on Friday. I would pay $10k+ for a Pfizer shot if I had too but I do not believe in queue jumping and thankfully not possible anyway. Unsurprisingly, I value my own life and that of my family, friends and community very highly.

Freight can wait, stevedores can be replaced and people can pay more/go without for a while. Lives can not.
    Last edited by Jaa; 11-08-2021 at 04:34 PM.