sharetrader
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Where is the other POT thread.?????
    It had a lot more information on it.!
    Good question.
    Last edited by blocker3; 25-05-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Good announcement by POT today. It is interesting to note that they believe they have the ability to accommodate the next generation of large ships. These could knock (or at least reduce) Auckland out of the future direct export of container transport due to the lack of harbour space and depth. Aucklands port could become a feeder to POT which will grow POTs dominant position in NZ.

percy

Exactly.
    POT will become NZ's hub port.
    I think we will see their only call in NZ will be Tauranga.

Lots of smiles here in Tauranga today. Great news for Timaru also.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blocker3 View Post
    Lots of smiles here in Tauranga today. Great news for Timaru also.
    Talk here in Christchurch is about filling in the harbour, and building a fantastic new stadium for the Crusaders on the reclaimed land.!

Very droll Percy, I expect that you will hear from Brownlee to say that he is ready to ram that idea to the top of his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Talk here in Christchurch is about filling in the harbour, and building a fantastic new stadium for the Crusaders on the reclaimed land.!
    True on a number of levels.
    You have to question why other port companies are throwing ratepayers money at developing their infrastructure when the writing is on the wall that Timaru will be the South Island port, Northport will be the oil terminal, and Tauranga will be the NZ freight hub. When this happens expect to see an IPO for Kiwirail as the port feeder transport company.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    True on a number of levels.
    You have to question why other port companies are throwing ratepayers money at developing their infrastructure when the writing is on the wall that Timaru will be the South Island port, Northport will be the oil terminal, and Tauranga will be the NZ freight hub. When this happens expect to see an IPO for Kiwirail as the port feeder transport company.
    Totally agree with you.
    Parochial interests have not helped port companies ,or their customers.

Dare I say it is time for government intervention on this as it is costing NZ Inc which affects all of us. In the meantime sit back and enjoy holding POT as the tide rises.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Dare I say it is time for government intervention on this as it is costing NZ Inc which affects all of us. In the meantime sit back and enjoy holding POT as the tide rises.
    Too hot for our politicians!!!!
    Sorry I do not know the number of years this issue has been going on for,may be longer than 20,but every now and again we have "another report on the issue" and the politicians run for cover yet again!!! It all dies down,then when it heats up,time for another report.And so it goes on.[and on and on]
    The only people who look to the future and act are the board and management of POT.
    The complete madness is looking at the amount of money POA,LPC and Otago, and others, want to spend on dredging INCASE a big ship may call.!!! $80mil here $60 mil there and so on!! I would put a lol, but it is not funny.
    Last edited by percy; 27-06-2014 at 06:01 PM.