sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Darryl Guppy

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    You are supposed to be following Guppy's system to the letter, remember? How else can you assess it accurately? He says nothing about "wait until you get a grip on the market" or "wait until things settle down" or "wait until the market makes sense". You could be waiting a long. long time!

I started yesterday...I have already narrowed it down to 6 stocks. I now need to narrow it down further. I haven't even got to the GMMA test yet (as per Trend Trading), that'll have to wait until I get home tonight. My work has some policy about not installing 'unapproved' software on work PC's...go figure

Dont worry Phaedrus, I will be sticking to his method to the letter. I just wanted to know why when a company puts out a profit warning of about 30% and the price goes up 20% in a couple of days, it had nothing to do with my stock selection I was just curious and confused...got soooo much to learn!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by wbosher View Post
    A company puts out a profit warning of about 30% and the price goes up 20% in a couple of days - Why?
    Because the market was expecting bad news and had built it into the shareprice - but the downgrade wasn't as bad as anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    You are supposed to be following Guppy's system to the letter, remember? How else can you assess it accurately? He says nothing about "wait until you get a grip on the market" or "wait until things settle down" or "wait until the market makes sense". You could be waiting a long. long time!

Start paper trading Guppy's system immediately, if not sooner! It is of little use asking everyone here what they think of it - it is what YOU think of it and how well it works for YOU that matters. Suck it and see! That is the ONLY way that you can evaluate whether it suits you or not.

Just the kick up the backside that I needed. Cheers!