sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Csl

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The best answer to those who advocate splitting shares! (Yes, I know, " but what price if the shares were split! ")
    There was a 3 for 1 split in 2007.

I bought in shortly after that, but also stupidly sold before it increased 7 fold.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    you've done a hat-trick+1 on this thread but with the gains made recently I bet you don't care. It has been going gangbusters all year !
    It is one of the Aussie shares in my watch list but don't have any.
    It might be starting to look a bit parabolic though and the metrics are crazy PE of nearly 50! I haven't looked at the history though so if its growing fast I guess that's less crazy. but still crazy.
    Yes, I have done well averaging up - $78, $98, $118 and $176. I was tempted to top up again at $192 but missed since market price was higher than my bid..

CSL is a completely different to your typical pharma company. Their core product is IVIG (extracted from donated human blood) and the price of IVIG is rising every year and the number of disorders treated with IVIG is also increasing. Their other specialty product sales also don't fluctuate significantly and have a good runway (except for vaccine business which is cyclical). Their haemophilia A product is facing stiff competition though.

PE is very high - but do remember the fact that their entire yearly/recurring R&D expenses are not amortized and expended every year (most pharma companies R&D expenses appear in the asset column). Profits would be higher had they shown their R&D expenses as assets (at least part of R&D)
    Last edited by RRR; 30-11-2019 at 07:13 AM.

that sounds a really fantastic offer on the face of it. of course I have no idea about how much vested interest is there but I think it will be technology and ingenuity that will give the solution to covid 19 so that people can get on with their lives again and not be afraid of human contact.

Also, CSL is a company that might just be the start of my Aussie portfolio, but I am scared to look at the PE.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    that sounds a really fantastic offer on the face of it. of course I have no idea about how much vested interest is there but I think it will be technology and ingenuity that will give the solution to covid 19 so that people can get on with their lives again and not be afraid of human contact.

Also, CSL is a company that might just be the start of my Aussie portfolio, but I am scared to look at the PE.
    As a previous owner am keen to get back in, but will let the chart decide when. We have not really heard yet how the virus is damaging its main business. With such a high P/E it is priced for perfection, so could be a big drop if anything nasty is posted.
    Great they are helping with the virus and although it may not directly help their bottom line, any plasma based solution would.

https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/CSL/02268403.pdf

Conference call voice - if you want to hear, register first and you have access to the audio
    https://csl.webcastcloud.com/Play?pI...7-6f354e7d6649

CSL keeps on delivering. I added more at $282. I have submitted another buy order $290

2.1 billion PAT. Market cap 134 Billion. Headline PE ratio of 51. But, they spent close to 1 billion on R&D last year and they expended the entire amount (instead of amortising it over the years)in the same year. R&D provides future growth..Growth forecast for 2021 between high single digits and low-mid teens

There are so many promising new therapies in the pipeline. The only concern is their plasma collection is down due to Covid, but they are taking some measures to mitigate the impact..

Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/CSL/02268403.pdf

Conference call voice - if you want to hear, register first and you have access to the audio
    https://csl.webcastcloud.com/Play?pI...7-6f354e7d6649

CSL keeps on delivering. I added more at $282. I have submitted another buy order $290

2.1 billion PAT. Market cap 134 Billion. Headline PE ratio of 51. But, they spent close to 1 billion on R&D last year and they expended the entire amount (instead of amortising it over the years)in the same year. R&D provides future growth..Growth forecast for 2021 between high single digits and low-mid teens

There are so many promising new therapies in the pipeline. The only concern is their plasma collection is down due to Covid, but they are taking some measures to mitigate the impact..
    Thanks for the link!
    This is a great company. Happy holder

Down $60 from highs, could be worth accumulating a few. Im not 100% on the reason but several things may be reducing price: high AUD to USD, serum collection sites in the US facing difficulty with covid outbreak and reducing collection quantities, recent uni queensland vaccine being shelved due to issue interfering with HIV test (fasle +ve test after vaccine). I've heard several commentators over the last year say csl would downgrade but they haven't. I believe there is good value at these levels. PE is high but it always has been. Bought a few, and will buy a few more. There are a few clincal trials to come through from R&D which could push this higher again. Would be interested if anyone else can add info re downward pressure.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 13-01-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Any thoughts on the SPP is $273 a reasonable amount? keen to hear what people think