sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default SRZ - Stellar Resources Limited

After finding CUL @ 4.6c, i have been looking around for another such company with potential, & found this diversified company that i also picked in the ASX 2007 comp.

Like CUL (Cullen Resources) - it has multiple projects (mostly free carried to 30-40%, JV's), over several different metals.

[u]Stellar Resources Ltd - Current Projects</u>:

* Base Metals
    Stellar is exploring in three states for base metals deposits.

In NSW, aroung the Broken Hill region Stellar is actively exploring for zinc and copper at Goldfinger, Copper Blow and Panama.

In SA, the area around Tarcoola, Stellar is exploring for for zinc in the Tarcoola Basin.

On the west coast Tasmania, Stellar is evaluating the Alpine copper deposit, zinc and copper around Arthur Dam and for nickel at Devizes & Dundas (considered prospective for Avebury style nickel). The North Heemskirk tinfield has advanced projects, including St Dizier.

* Uranium
    Stellar Resources conducts its exploration for uranium through two Joint Ventures (JV); both of which are located in the highly prospective Gawler Craton region of South Australia (SA).

In mid 2006, Stellar entered into a JV with UraniumSA Limited (USA) enabling USA to explore on six of Stellar's exploration licenses in the Tarcoola region of the central Gawler Craton.

The previously discovered uranium resource, the Warrior uranium deposit, lies mainly on one of Stellar's tenements. To expedite the evaluation of this resource Stellar has entered into a JV with uranium explorer, Toro Energy Limited (TOE) . Toro may spend more than $3 million in a staged farm-in over four years on exploring the Warrior project tenements which lie immediately north and south of the Toro's Warrior project tenement.

* Gold Projects
    Stellar Resources is exploring for Gold in two specific locations.

At North Bendigo, in Victoria, the company is searching in an area interpreted to contain a substantial part of the on strike stratigraphy of the Bendigo goldfield which lies under the Murray Basin sand cover.

At Tarcoola, in South Australia, Stellar is following up the initial encouraging exploration that previous explorers have encountered when exploring around the old Tarcoola Goldfield, which has been mined since the early 1900s.

* IOCG - Iron Oxide Copper Gold
    Stellar holds a large ground position in the "South Australian copper belt" searching for iron-oxide-copper-gold style (IOCG) deposits.

Stellar has three main areas for exploration. The Robins Rise JV, west of Prominent Hill; at Pernatty (100%), situated close to the Carrapateena discovery; and Cowell JV which is located on the Eyre Peninsula at the southern end of this key belt. Stellar is championing the application of gravity technology as well as other geophysical techniques, as a method of effectively targeting exploration in these highly prospective areas.

* Iron Ore
    Stellar is exploring for iron ore in the Wilgena area around Tarcoola, SA.

[u]Listed Investments:</u>

* UraniumSA (ASX:USA)

Stellar owns 16%, or 10.26m shares & 5.13m options in USA, the Uranium company it spun off a while back. (USA SP @ 27.5c & USAO @ 12.5c).

USA is also looking to spin off "Archer Exploration" (ASX:AXE) - a Copper/Uranium play in the Grawler Craton region in South Australia.

* Gippsland Offshore Petroleum (ASX:GOP)

Stellar owns 6.667m options in GOP with a strike price of 20c by Nov 2009. (GOP current SP = 36c)

Stellar is also looking at spinning off "Columbus Metals", a Tin project located on its Heemskirk EL on the West Coast of Tasmania.

Stellar has 75m shares on issue, @ 27.5c = Market Cap of around $20m.

NB, During the quarter SRZ raised $2.9m making a placement of 8.4m shares @ 35c

Cash on hand @ 30/6/07 of $5.17m

Plenty of drilling outlined in the September quarter...(see link)

http://www.stellarresources.com.au/u.../070041SRL.pdf

I hold having bought in at 27.5c

A few months back I overviewed a hundred or so explorers that had Uranium as part (or all!!) of their portfolios. SRZ came in my top half dozen or so. Good mgmt, cheap cap. Relative to the other half dozen I thought SRZ was really diversified and, what with the free carries etc I felt it to be a more reliable/ less blue sky investment than some of the straight-out bang/bust bets. (Didn't buy as was looking for the super-speccy end of the range at the time.)

Tobo

SRZ seems to be trying to enhance shareholder value by either farmin out (for free carry) or IPOing it's projects, & now has a few fingers in a few pies.

It has all the "sexy" metals, in Uranium & Iron Ore, not to mention an exposure to O&G, + the Tasmanian Tin projects spin off looks promising...

I liked the diversity of metals & projects for a MC of around $20m with cash of $5.17m & listed investments (USA approx $3.5m) + GOP (if they bought & sold there options they would pocket $1m), an indirect interest in AXE through USA, & as i mentioned before the "Columbus Metals", Tasmanian Tin project to be IPOed.

Perhaps SRZ is evolving into a LIC?

SRZ holding court in a sea of red today & on goodish volume.

The market currently hasn't factored anything into the SP regarding the Tasmanian Tin projects spin off, (to be named Columbus Metals).

Also, UraniumSA (USA), that SRZ owns 16% of has had the Archer Exploration (AXE) Copper/Uranium IPO well oversubscribed, which all goes well for SRZ.

Will email the company & see if they took up there option to acquire 800,000 shares @ 20c.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    SRZ holding court in a sea of red today & on goodish volume.

The market currently hasn't factored anything into the SP regarding the Tasmanian Tin projects spin off, (to be named Columbus Metals).

Also, UraniumSA (USA), that SRZ owns 16% of has had the Archer Exploration (AXE) Copper/Uranium IPO well oversubscribed, which all goes well for SRZ.

Will email the company & see if they took up there option to acquire 800,000 shares @ 20c.
    Am a little miffed the company hasnt bothered to email me back.:mad:

I'm not a top 20 shareholder but thought a reasonable question should receive an answer, alas not ...

Interesting to see how the TOE/NEL merger goes, as SRZ & TOE have a JV on the Uranium "Warrior" project in South Australia, with TOE having to spend something like $3m to earn up to 70%, with SRZ retaining 30%.

The idea of the TOE/NEL merger (both spun out of OXR, i think?) is to have the size & scale to become a large Uranium explorer & build up a big resource to JORC.

SRZ should trail any movements with TOE

Am a little miffed the company hasnt bothered to email me back.:mad:

I'm not a top 20 shareholder but thought a reasonable question should receive an answer, alas not ...

Interesting to see how the TOE/NEL merger goes, as SRZ & TOE have a JV on the Uranium "Warrior" project in South Australia, with TOE having to spend something like $3m to earn up to 70%, with SRZ retaining 30%.

The idea of the TOE/NEL merger (both spun out of OXR, i think?) is to have the size & scale to become a large Uranium explorer & build up a big resource to JORC.

SRZ should trail any movements with TOE
    SRZ - 2008 Business Review (I like to track old companies i once held)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=307510

SRZ - 2008 Business Review (I like to track old companies i once held)

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=307510
    SRZ - 2009 Business Review

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=326014

I'm looking again at SRZ, with a market cap of ~ $10m plenty of upside.

Main Projects:

Iron Ore
    Tin
    Uranium

+ listed investments & plenty of exploration targets

Management seem pretty keen to unlock further value

Current SP 10c

Disc: Nil held

SRZ - 2009 Business Review

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=326014

I'm looking again at SRZ, with a market cap of ~ $10m plenty of upside.

Main Projects:

Iron Ore
    Tin
    Uranium

+ listed investments & plenty of exploration targets

Management seem pretty keen to unlock further value

Current SP 10c

Disc: Nil held
    SRZ's management aren't shy in promoting themselves

Another Boardroom Radio Broadcast, re Iron Ore potential

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=326868

Not bad for a company with a $9m market cap

SRZ's management aren't shy in promoting themselves

Another Boardroom Radio Broadcast, re Iron Ore potential

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=326868

Not bad for a company with a $9m market cap
    SRZ - Presentation

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=341702

3 main projects are Iron ore, Tin & Uranium a rather unique combination

SRZ is a micro cap @ $5m with around $1m cash & $1m in listed investments (ASX:USA a uranium explorer)

The market is not attributing much value to its projects!!!

percy

I brought a small parcel today.Thought it looks interesting.