sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Csl

  1. #16
    ShareTrader Legend Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    15,572

    Default

    One of Barramundi's largest holdings and Barramundi is my single largest shareholding. Looks like a very interesting company and I know their analyst is very keen on it.
    Happy to be along for the ride with this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-11-2019 at 10:46 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  2. #17
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RRR View Post
    CSL share price $279 !!!

    Yeah incredible. Cochlear keeping pace too at $230

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Christchurch, , .
    Posts
    144

    Default

    $280.84 high today.

  4. #19
    percy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    13,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    One of Barramundi's largest holdings and Barramundi is my single largest shareholding. Looks like a very interesting company and I know their analyst is very keen on it.
    Happy to be along for the ride with this one.
    Brings back fond memories.
    The share club I was part of brought CSL in about 1994 at about $8 or $9.
    As the club proved to be too successful we disbanded, it in about 1999 and sold our CSL at approx $20.
    Also held Ebos and Blackmores.

  5. #20
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    $280.84 high today.
    The best answer to those who advocate splitting shares! (Yes, I know, " but what price if the shares were split! ")

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The best answer to those who advocate splitting shares! (Yes, I know, " but what price if the shares were split! ")
    There was a 3 for 1 split in 2007.

    I bought in shortly after that, but also stupidly sold before it increased 7 fold.

  7. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    you've done a hat-trick+1 on this thread but with the gains made recently I bet you don't care. It has been going gangbusters all year !
    It is one of the Aussie shares in my watch list but don't have any.
    It might be starting to look a bit parabolic though and the metrics are crazy PE of nearly 50! I haven't looked at the history though so if its growing fast I guess that's less crazy. but still crazy.
    Yes, I have done well averaging up - $78, $98, $118 and $176. I was tempted to top up again at $192 but missed since market price was higher than my bid..

    CSL is a completely different to your typical pharma company. Their core product is IVIG (extracted from donated human blood) and the price of IVIG is rising every year and the number of disorders treated with IVIG is also increasing. Their other specialty product sales also don't fluctuate significantly and have a good runway (except for vaccine business which is cyclical). Their haemophilia A product is facing stiff competition though.

    PE is very high - but do remember the fact that their entire yearly/recurring R&D expenses are not amortized and expended every year (most pharma companies R&D expenses appear in the asset column). Profits would be higher had they shown their R&D expenses as assets (at least part of R&D)
    Last edited by RRR; 30-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    324

  9. #24

  10. #25
    Legend peat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Whanganui, New Zealand.
    Posts
    5,037

    Default

    that sounds a really fantastic offer on the face of it. of course I have no idea about how much vested interest is there but I think it will be technology and ingenuity that will give the solution to covid 19 so that people can get on with their lives again and not be afraid of human contact.

    Also, CSL is a company that might just be the start of my Aussie portfolio, but I am scared to look at the PE.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

  11. #26
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    that sounds a really fantastic offer on the face of it. of course I have no idea about how much vested interest is there but I think it will be technology and ingenuity that will give the solution to covid 19 so that people can get on with their lives again and not be afraid of human contact.

    Also, CSL is a company that might just be the start of my Aussie portfolio, but I am scared to look at the PE.
    As a previous owner am keen to get back in, but will let the chart decide when. We have not really heard yet how the virus is damaging its main business. With such a high P/E it is priced for perfection, so could be a big drop if anything nasty is posted.
    Great they are helping with the virus and although it may not directly help their bottom line, any plasma based solution would.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •