sharetrader

Thread: posting?

Unhappy posting?

What am i doing wrongly?
    After composing a thoughtful reply to a thread or individual post, pressing the post button, the invisible beast announces You can't do that, please Login. I do so and, so far, the posting of my wee contribution went ahead ok. Except today, it all just disappeared somewhere. I have not the time to repeat the effort.
    It is very irritating. Seemingly something forces logout after a short period - surely this is counterproductive, & frustrates the effort to make a small contribution to discussion?

Yes , annoying isn't it
    All you have to do, to avoid getting logged off while writing a post, is to tick the "remember me" box on the top right hand side next to your username
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Thanks Mick100 - very helpful.

Guru

Also, until sorted out, take a copy of what you typed so you can paste it to a new attempt. I do that when using xtra webmail which has a tendency to "fail to send" then leaves you with a blank message page. Frustrating.

After similar problems previously I started having Word open in a second window,typing a post in this, then copying to the forum just prior to sending. Any problems and your post remains in Word. This post was done this way.

Thanks 777 & Absolut-Advance. Will take yr advice.

I did reluctantly finally register for Telecom's new-fangled Yahoo email thing a few days ago. Hadnt thought of that complication. Why on earth TEL contracted out the email i dunno. There has been nothing but trouble from Yahoo with lost messages as misidentified spam, counterbalanced by an annoying intrusion of new spammers offering larger penises and a great number of apparently enthusiastic recipients for same.

Quote Originally Posted by sharer View Post
    Thanks 777 & Absolut-Advance. Will take yr advice.
    an annoying intrusion of new spammers offering larger penises and a great number of apparently enthusiastic recipients for same.
    Is that being upgraded from junior member to senior member?