sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TTrader View Post
    The thing you have to remember with demo accounts is the fact they are not live... They simply react to data being sent to the client.. (you are buying and selling thin air!)

In a real world situation you are not going to have the "instant" buy/sell action you have on a demo account as you will be competing within the market... Especially in peak times you will notice you may loose the odd pip. Comes down to the platform and broker as well.
    I wouldnt expect this to be a factor unless you are a huge player... esp in the major pairs.
    my take on it is that your trades will win or lose on your abilities NOT whether you trade with a 3 pip spread or a 4 pip spread. there are plenty of pips to be made IF you can get it right. spread or execution is the least of your worries imo.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I wouldnt expect this to be a factor unless you are a huge player... esp in the major pairs.
    my take on it is that your trades will win or lose on your abilities NOT whether you trade with a 3 pip spread or a 4 pip spread. there are plenty of pips to be made IF you can get it right. spread or execution is the least of your worries imo.
    Agreed peat, but it is definitely something you have to take into account... Obviously if you were making a big loss on a demo account you wouldn't be taking the step to a live account anyway