sharetrader
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Thanks for the update Iceman.

I assume frozen whitefish fillets processed at sea command a premium in the market. Is this the case?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    The Report just released is worth looking at if you are interested in this company.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...373/269805.pdf
    Enjoy your afternoon.

Dilettante

Thanks for the update Iceman.

I assume frozen whitefish fillets processed at sea command a premium in the market. Is this the case?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    It differs between species and markets but generally yes for exports. McDonalds for example , a large NZ fishing industry customer, wants only frozen at sea high quality product.
    Of course some of the far away fishing grounds require freezer vessels to utilise them economically.

Dilettante

A good week for SAN up 8c AND going XD of 14c. No dividend stripping here, just buy and hold. This share has been in a strong and steady uptrend now for about 15-16 months, during which it has risen about 45% + reasonable dividends. The new CEOīs strategy certainly seems to have support by some investors, even though this one is very quiet on ST. Probably not exciting enough but thatīs fine with me as Iīm enjoying the ride :-)

Dilettante

Greg Johansson COO tendered his resignation yesterday and will leave before end of Feb, due to personal reasons. He will be a great loss to Sanford as he has the most comprehensive knowledge of the business out of them all, in my view. Big boots to fill.

DISCL: Sold out in January and currently don't hold any SAN

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Greg Johansson COO tendered his resignation yesterday and will leave before end of Feb, due to personal reasons. He will be a great loss to Sanford as he has the most comprehensive knowledge of the business out of them all, in my view. Big boots to fill.

DISCL: Sold out in January and currently don't hold any SAN
    Just wondering iceman why you sold out in January. Do you see trouble ahead, are you taking profits or selling an asset that is overvalued?

I purchased some time ago for the dividend at about 7%. The share price has increased 70% since then but I don't think the dividend has hardly moved.

I think fishing has a great future, an essential industry with the quota system providing a barrier to new entrants so I am currently planning on holding forever.

Maybe if I believed my view that disaster is imminent for the worlds financial markets I would sell up and buy back at fire sale prices but as I have no idea what the future holds I will remain a bit diversified.

Still interested to hear why you sold.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Just wondering iceman why you sold out in January. Do you see trouble ahead, are you taking profits or selling an asset that is overvalued?

I purchased some time ago for the dividend at about 7%. The share price has increased 70% since then but I don't think the dividend has hardly moved.

I think fishing has a great future, an essential industry with the quota system providing a barrier to new entrants so I am currently planning on holding forever.

Maybe if I believed my view that disaster is imminent for the worlds financial markets I would sell up and buy back at fire sale prices but as I have no idea what the future holds I will remain a bit diversified.

Still interested to hear why you sold.
    No one thing in particular Aaron. I was hoping to see increased dividends but have been told it is unlikely to happen for a while. They have also had some operational issues with 2 additions to their fleet that I think are a result of poor management decisions.
    But more than that, I have had a very good run with this share (over 100%) and feel it may stagnate for awhile now until we see some real progress towards the lofty and great goals the new CEO set. I think it will take some years, which is not unreasonable.
    I still think SAN is a well managed company overall and they have some very good and undervalued assets. I will continue watching them and am likely to buy in again in the future

I watched a programme called Ocean Bounty on TV3 last night(Sunday) which features Sanford.

I am surprised TV3 is broadcasting an advertorial in a prime time slot but that is bye the bye.

I was intrigued by their in development collagen product made from Hoki skins. It is a white diaphanous film. When it comes into contact with the skin it seems to melt into it. Hopefully it becomes an in demand medical and cosmetic product.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 09-07-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: added word
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Dilettante

I watched a programme called Ocean Bounty on TV3 last night(Sunday) which features Sanford.

I am surprised TV3 is broadcasting an advertorial in a prime time slot but that is bye the bye.

I was intrigued by their in development collagen product made from Hoki skins. It is a white diaphanous film. When it comes into contact with the skin it seems to melt into it. Hopefully it becomes an in demand medical and cosmetic product.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    This may be of interest to you MM http://www.kerecis.com/2018/05/18/me...sident-iceland

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...chronic-wounds

Mr Sigurjonsson mentioned in the article worked on his development for several years in NZ but not sure if there is a connection with the Sanford program. But sure is interesting
    Last edited by iceman; 09-07-2018 at 06:36 AM.

The fishing quota system was brought in to allow a sustainable well managed fishing industry. A quota is a license from the government to fish. As former US President Thomas Jefferson observed what the government gives you they can easily take away.

Sanford appears to be once again involved in a foreign fishing crew scandal.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/busine...n-crew-workers

How long will it be before Sanford looses its quota for failing to meet public policy objectives?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/play..._id=2018664299

RNZ report on West Coast Hoki fishery quota cuts.

Share price unchanged on this news. Perhaps this was already factored in.