sharetrader
Page 255 of 326 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3258
    Banned

mate ..u got to stop buying...otherwise you will be soon need to file in your holding to NZX...lol

Always wanted to get my name in an annual report amongst the 20 largest shareholders.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 28-05-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fair comment but I am looking at the price of RYM and SUM start to go on a tear and wondering if $4.50 isn't the screaming bargain of the entire NZX ?
    If you get left holding the baby 2.5% is okay yield nowdays I think I might get some more...
    I am in the dark as to how todays court proceedings went
    ?any news

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I am in the dark as to how todays court proceedings went
    ?any news
    whether EQT was entitled to cancel will be determined at a three-week hearing tentatively scheduled for November this year, more details of the dispute were traversed at today’s High Court at Auckland hearing on whether a vote can be held.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/m...ive-court-told Paywall
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

The renegers QC's (yes 2 of the cnuts) are making sure that shareholders know all about the costs and delays and risks associated with expecting a contract to be stuck to , in front of the learned Justice
    Lang who reserved his decision on the shareholder vote, saying it would be released next week.
    Last edited by peat; 28-05-2020 at 04:40 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    whether EQT was entitled to cancel will be determined at a three-week hearing tentatively scheduled for November this year, more details of the dispute were traversed at today’s High Court at Auckland hearing on whether a vote can be held.

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/m...ive-court-told Paywall
    Thanks.
    Decided it was worth subscribing so have read the whole article.
    Nothing I could see to have any effect on the SP

Thanks Peat.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Am happy to wait, If we get $7.00 or damages of $2.00 or more, increase in value due to deferred dividend, safe haven to stash money and increase in value to nta. All good.
    DISC: HOLD and HOLDING.
    From the NZ Herald: "Metlifecare's options for remedy were to cancel the contract and seek damages, which are capped at $14.5 million or force EQT to uphold its end of the deal. It chose the latter."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12335627

Just goes to show, the devil is in the detail. Have to read that a bit more carefully, before I buy any more. Still happy to hold without the takeover going ahead.

Unfortunately the article is paywalled, and I cant see how they presume the limitation of damages. I cant see anything in the agreement which limits damages. But there are different types of damages. I could look foolish talking about my take on the matter without studying the article fully. But even though the court warns MET, about the costs involved in pursuing the cancelled agreement, its unfortunate the court did not specify the risks and costs, as well as damages, (all types) that the bidder may incur in the process of cancellation. Without being involved, I must accept that MET has had legal opinions, on the success of their challenge, and whether damages are worthwhile the pursuit. I feel that the damages amount of $14 mill odd is based on acceptance of the MAC by MET, but further and different type of damages may be available by pursuing the specific performance of the agreement.
    So I really havent changed my opinion too much at this stage.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 28-05-2020 at 06:28 PM.

The next results will be telling whether the bidder was correct in relying upon the MAC. If they are good it will definitely mean MET success in the pursuit of specific performance, but if they are below the parameters in the agreement it does not mean that the bidder will be sucessful. It may hurt our case a bit however.