sharetrader
Page 54 of 326 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Pretty weak set of results to be honest.

I don't want to sound the Beagle horn... but SUM others leave more to be desired ( also trading on lower multiples )

Advanced Member

Ouch report for me.... but then hey I’m not invested. Not a bad company but not the same league as Summerset results

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Ouch report for me.... but then hey I’m not invested. Not a bad company but not the same league as Summerset results
    Yet it has been FNZC and Craig's pick of the bunch.?

disc.hold OCA,RYM and SUM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    That SUM's it up perfectly for me.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...697/275122.pdf
    My thoughts. Underlying profit down from $38.6m to $36.2m, ouch !
    Looks more like a 2H story to me with new unit delivery skewed very much towards the second half but this bit in the Outlook commentary for FY18 in light of the strong expected 2H is the real disappointment
    " Underlying profit is expected to be in line with FY17 for the full year".
    Don't know about you folks but I do not invest in low yield companies unless they deliver meaningful growth.
    Disc: Own SUM, OCA (RYM PE is too rich for my liking but a great company nonetheless) Don't cover or own ARV.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Pretty average result to be fair only bright spot really is nta increasing. Glad I hold more SUM than MET.

Was thinking of selling some oca to get some more MET but that won’t be happening I don’t think.

Veteran novice

Market concurs. MET down 22c, SUM up 14c.

Advanced Member

Yeah I've sold all of mine bar 200 shares. Money needed elsewhere.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That SUM's it up perfectly for me.
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...697/275122.pdf
    My thoughts. Underlying profit down from $38.6m to $36.2m, ouch !
    Looks more like a 2H story to me with new unit delivery skewed very much towards the second half but this bit in the Outlook commentary for FY18 in light of the strong expected 2H is the real disappointment
    " Underlying profit is expected to be in line with FY17 for the full year".
    Don't know about you folks but I do not invest in low yield companies unless they deliver meaningful growth.
    Disc: Own SUM, OCA (RYM PE is too rich for my liking but a great company nonetheless) Don't cover or own ARV.
    Defo not a great result.

I am invested in ARV, Mr Beagle, but no meaningful update from them until May...although there is normally a 3Q dividend that gets paid during March, which might come with a trading update.
    ARV gets more upside from actual care than property, which was one of the 'hooks' for me. Struck me at the time that MET was a little too reliant on its legacy assets (run down) to generate property income, seems to have been borne out by this result.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yet it has been FNZC and Craig's pick of the bunch.?

disc.hold OCA,RYM and SUM.
    They will always do well in the long run. Summerset went though this some time back. Right now I think Craig’s and FNZC is wrong
    Last edited by Ggcc; 26-02-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Defo not a great result.

I am invested in ARV, Mr Beagle, but no meaningful update from them until May...although there is normally a 3Q dividend that gets paid during March, which might come with a trading update.
    ARV gets more upside from actual care than property, which was one of the 'hooks' for me. Struck me at the time that MET was a little too reliant on its legacy assets (run down) to generate property income, seems to have been borne out by this result.
    Market agrees with our prognosis mate. Met down 30 cents, SUM up 34 cents as of two minutes ago.

Thanks for the heads-up on ARV. I guess the question is how much money is there in the future in caring for the elderly with the new pay equity settlement adding substantially to costs ? The fact that OCA are moving significantly towards an occupation right agreement model for late stage care suggests to get a commercial return in this segment of the market, companies might need to adapt their business model.

Leaky buildings hurt them - http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/d...-last-yearhtml
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine