sharetrader
Page 261 of 326 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3258

At least 12 months!.Holders voting early with there feet and heading for the door.We like our companies to stand up for themselves but drawn out legal disputes are a bummer.GLTA.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I don't read it the way you do. MET has lost nothing. While the allocation of costs has been mentioned no decision of the court has been made. Nothing I have seen in either the agreement nor the court result affects the success of MET of coming out of this clean. I see APVG as trying anything to unbalance the MET effort (grasping at straws would be more accurate). Its a shame this is going to take twelve months to be near resolution.
    Lets agree to disagree and move on and discuss possible timetable. In the honorable Judge's ruling he says that parties should not expect a decision before the end of January 2021, lets say February 2021. We know Synlait's original high court decision was handed down in November 2018 and after being appealed to the Court of appeal is presently being heard in the Supreme court. Assuming the Supreme court hand down their reserved decision in say August 2020 that's 21 months from the date of the original high court decision until the supreme court hand down their decision.

If we assume this is a typical timeframe for a significant commercial matter to traverse the 3 upper layers of the judicial system then if one party or the other appeals all the way from the high court to the court of appeal and the supreme court this could drag into February 2021 + 21 months = November 2022 plus whatever time it takes to take enforcement action through European courts against EQT seeing as it is likely APVG is merely a shell company being supported by them. So we could get our $7 sometime in 2023 if this runs the full legal appeal process. Hmmm

I merely post this so people can focus their minds as to whether they really want to have that sort of dogged determination or not. On the other hand they could reach a settlement before it makes it to the high court in November 2020. I note Balance has stopped reminding us on a regular basis that a settlement is the most likely outcome so I presume he has lost patience already and sold out.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-06-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

I am sensing that a certain @Beagle whose self professed lack of patience but profoundly expressed dogged determination to hold for the long term if the case is lost, is in a mental conflict, or perhaps has sold already?

Honestly who can be bothered tying up capital in a serial under-performer and market sector pariah on the off chance some day a year or so away, they may get a capital gain windfall, or be left holding the baby?

Opportunity cost anyone?

I suppose another way of looking at MET is to ask whether it is a good investment at current prices even if MET loses the case against APVG after incurring a few million in legal fees and gets a cost award for a similar amount awarded against them at the end of the day.

Clinging on with dogged determination. I am hoping for a negotiated settlement before this goes to court because the expert academic boffins at Harvard are on record as saying these messy MAC disputes usually settle out of court. This suggests to me a settlement in the six dollar something range is more likely than not.

I think they are worth at least $4.30 even if they lose.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-06-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    I suppose another way of looking at MET is to ask whether it is a good investment at current prices even if MET loses the case against APVG after incurring a few million in legal fees and gets a cost award for a similar amount awarded against them at the end of the day.
    one needs to see the whole picture being that its not too bad an investment at these prices - not too bad at all and probably even has room for a margin as one of our old favourite investors says.

It is true that it has shown to be not that great a company but all company's can be a reasonable investment. The fact there's something at play here makes the case sweeter than it otherwise would be, and enough to tip the scales in its favour I reckon.

I cant believe you guys are all wussing out already. If The Reneger sees this it will strengthen their resolve.
    Last edited by peat; 03-06-2020 at 05:18 PM. Reason: resolve not revolve
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I'm not a pussy. Dogmatically hanging in there

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm not a pussy. Dogmatically hanging in there
    Me too. Wont buy anymore unless they get below $4.

I've also re-invested a second time and continue holding even though no divvies for 12months but suspect NONE of the retirement lot will be paying divvies anyway. That possible magic $7 been a great 64% incentive............. Otherwise imo well priced

bull stood alone that metlife would get no where in demanding the takeover , everyone was so bullish pushing the narrative and slowly and surely they are all folding.
    one step ahead of the herd