sharetrader
Page 153 of 326 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 3258
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Once the dust has settled, it will be interesting to see where this stock settles. Now that we know the take over is off the table, will it actually head higher than it was when people were still in denial? It's been humming around 380 for the last few days, give or take, so I wonder with the take over uncertainty gone, if it will get back up to more realistic levels. If we go back to OCA as a reference, currently trading at about 66% of NTA, can we expect MET to track towards ~460 in the not too distant future?
    There's probably enough potential buyers out there who're not entirely convinced that the action is over to keep the dust circulating for a while yet. Beagle for one? Me?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    There's probably enough potential buyers out there who're not entirely convinced that the action is over to keep the dust circulating for a while yet. Beagle for one? Me?

Beagle sold out when the going got a bit wobbly (well done) so now buying back?

Not often one sells and buy back T less than half price within 3 months!

Imagine if you can do that with physical properties!
    Last edited by Balance; 08-04-2020 at 03:23 PM.

IMO

Ive taken an initial parcel, no rush with that overhang. Up 24c a share atm but lets see what the final price today is im guessing it will be manipulated down or up. Prop stocks in general in for it over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

More than happy for you to whip up a dust storm so I can load up with some more at sub 3

Also in the not convinced camp ..........but looks like todays happy hours is over

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Simple demand and supply imbalance at present - arbitrage funds all trying to head out through the one small door and NZ fundies who sold to them at $6.50+ salivating by the door to help them out at the lowest price possible.
    Hits the nail directly on the head !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hits the nail directly on the head !
    And don't forget that there were two other unsolicited expressions of interest in taking over Metlife - APVG moved its bid up to $7.00 (from $6.50) partly to head off any other competing bids.

At $3.50, MET has got to be in play again post the lockdown - as long as the retirement village sector does not have the same problems as those in Italy, ie. virus clusters.

Deals do not stop especially when there's going to be a lot of cheap money around with the trillions of dollars being pumped into the financial system. Prices will change for sure as nobody will want to pay pre-Covid19 prices.
    Last edited by Balance; 08-04-2020 at 03:54 PM.

And don't forget that there were two other unsolicited expressions of interest in taking over Metlife - APVG moved its bid to $7.00 partly to head off any other competing bids.

At $3.50, MET has to be in play again post the lockdown - as long as the retirement village sector does not have the same problems as those in Italy, ie. virus clusters.
    Woof woof, I hear ya ! It also has the lowest gearing in the sector, the highest embedded value per unit in the sector and can easily slow down its development plans to ensure a better balance between supply and demand for units. Effectively one is buying (mainly Auckland), property at half price, which would be compelling if Mr and Mrs Beagle didn't have so much of it, (non listed) already.

Half price is half price though...Hmmm..if Winner's teddy bear has told him this is a great buy, what could possibly go wrong
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-04-2020 at 03:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Woof woof, I hear ya !
    Haha - we are both back in, I think and I can hear the howling too (of losses) from the arbitrage players as you bark at their heels.

Haha - we are both back in, I think and I can hear the howling too (of losses) from the arbitrage players as you bark at their heels.
    I'm not back yet but I am not sure how much longer I can resist the temptation of a bargain or whether I should resist at all. Biting a big chunk out of those arbitrage boys is such a compelling thing, only worry is they bite me back and smack it back to under $3. Risk and reward looks pretty good at half price I have to say as I'd go again at under $3 anyway.