sharetrader
Page 311 of 326 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3258

Decided to exit. The risk for me now outweighs the extra 9 cents plus brokerage.

Seems to be a lot more downside risk now of APVG pulling the plug with a lame excuse like "resurgence of cases in NZ"

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    takeover going to be cancelled again?
    Wouldn't be surprising, $6 was a great get out of jail card that's for sure... and any hope of it going higher will almost certainly be gone.
    From memory there's 70 plus pages in the new agreement and I'd be really surprised if there wasn't some loophole either real or perceived that APVG couldn't use as an escape clause.
    MET have already proved they're disinclined to engage in a multi year multi jurisdictional legal campaign and the agreement includes a specific clause where they agree the maximum damages are limited to $12.5m. I think if there's protracted widespread community transmission there's a good chance the deal will fall over. Maybe there would then be a fresh deal at $5 ?, (I am not kidding). Then we all have to work out if we want to be invested again in this company with the caliber of "leadership" and "governance" that's been on display in recent months.

I think if this deal falls the shares would need to be south of $4 to pique my interest again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-08-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    From memory there's 70 plus pages in the new agreement and I'd be really surprised if there wasn't some loophole either real or perceived that APVG couldn't use as an escape clause.
    MET have already proved they're disinclined to engage in a multi year multi jurisdictional legal campaign and the agreement includes a specific clause where they agree the maximum damages are limited to $12.5m. I think if there's protracted widespread community transmission there's a good chance the deal will fall over. Then we all have to work out if we want to be invested again in this company with the caliber of "leadership" and "governance" that's been on display in recent months.
    Reminds me of one of my favourite Warren Buffett quotes:

“I try to invest in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.” ― Warren Buffett

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Legend

Still no sniff of any dividend or compo for all the past forgone divies the long suffering in MET have sacrificed ?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    MET have already proved they're disinclined to engage in a multi year multi jurisdictional legal campaign and the agreement includes a specific clause where they agree the maximum damages are limited to $12.5m. I think if there's protracted widespread community transmission there's a good chance the deal will fall over. Maybe there would then be a fresh deal at $5 ?, (I am not kidding). Then we all have to work out if we want to be invested again in this company with the caliber of "leadership" and "governance" that's been on display in recent months.

I think if this deal falls the shares would need to be south of $4 to pique my interest again.
    Be ready to start sniffing around at those 4 buckses levels again here too ..

What sort of Lock Down score will force the Swedes to scurry off again into the distance with their tails between their legs ?
    Last edited by nztx; 13-08-2020 at 05:14 PM.

MET-Overview.JPG

picture says a thousand words.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    MET-Overview.JPG

Which platform is that?

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    MET-Overview.JPG

Cunning move. No chance whatsoever of a loss greater than 10 cents in my opinion. Chances of a ~ $2 profit are not as remote in my opinion as the market is pricing in.
    Market, yet again is saying this is a done deal. Makes me wonder how many of those highly paid chief investment officers at the institutions buying this stock have actually read the new scheme of arrangement agreement and how many of them understand it ? I won't bother to ask how many have taken independent legal advice as to whether its a watertight agreement because the answer to that is self evident. Good luck mate. I'll probably climb back on board for another ride if it goes down to $4 again. Milking this yet again would be such a lot of fun
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

As more and more Covid-19 cases emerge in Auckland, your chance of a 3rd time milking increases, Mr. Beagle.