sharetrader
Page 263 of 326 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3258

No context to make meaningful
    Last edited by winner69; 04-06-2020 at 04:08 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Bad Dog in the naughty corner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0AdIdM_x8E He's fat like me too lol

Anyway...speaking of dog's in the naughty corner...I suppose one has to accept the possibility that MET might hang around its current share price level until there's a resolution one way or the other. That could get a bit painful with other stocks recovering strongly but on the other hand the relative value to other sector participants just keeps getting better and better.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-06-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If I was a resident in a MET village I’d be concerned about having an owner who doesn’t really want to be the owner and maybe just wants to get as much cash as possible out of them ...rather then providing high standards of care/living
    Valid point, winner. Nothing like some heavy litigation to take management's eye off the ball.

If you think any of the retirement operators are in business for altruistic reasons, perhaps you shouldn't be an investor in the markets. You should invest in PEB.

No doubt litigation will absorb some time and effort, but just where are you going to buy a share that is selling at 60% of NTA. The dividend yield is so low only because its historic and reflects only a half of a dividend. If anyone seriously thinks that with all of the requirements as to a takeover, that have not yet been met and also may not be able to met, that MET is pursuing a takeover, do not realise that such action is necessary to obtain full damages and costs. APVG still needs to raise capital as well. As I said before, APVG will be furiously establsihing a board of settlement, and will start negotiating for a settlement, maybe not in the next few months, but it will happen. As I said before, I dont want a takeover, it is shortsighted to want $7-00 as this sector will be one of the best able to weather the coming inflationary movements of mega proportions. I am looking for a return to NTA within a year and a half and a takeover within 3 years of $14-00. The pirates of the Carribbean were still poor even though they had so much gold for free in their coffers, the more they stole the more expensive things got. Inflation. Lastly we are all very complacent with COVID now that Level 1 is nigh. If there is a second wave, MET at this price will satisfy me very well thankyou. Exuberant you think. OK then Oh me Oh my its going to go to $3.00, hahahaha.

Veteran novice

If you think any of the retirement operators are in business for altruistic reasons, perhaps you shouldn't be an investor in the markets. You should invest in PEB.
    I don't know who this remark is aimed at but equally I don't think anyone is under any illusions as to what's needed for a successful business. First and foremost are satisfied customers. Taking management's focus away from that goal to concentrate on litigating a possible takeover will see that $3.00 shareprice a distinct possibility. Oh, and I'm a MET shareholder and far from a newcomer to the markets.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    If you think any of the retirement operators are in business for altruistic reasons, perhaps you shouldn't be an investor in the markets. .
    Question then. ..what are retirement operators (or any business) in business for?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Question then. ..what are retirement operators (or any business) in business for?
    Profits. Now now my posts are a bit tongue in cheek. After all I would hate someone to take me seriously and invest on my comments. Does anyone really know what the market will bring.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 04-06-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Profits. Now now my posts are a bit tongue in cheek. After all I would hate someone to take me seriously and invest on my comments. Does anyone really know what the market will bring.
    Yes bottomfeeder .....but better put as maximising long-term benefits for all people and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0AdIdM_x8E He's fat like me too lol

Anyway...speaking of dog's in the naughty corner...I suppose one has to accept the possibility that MET might hang around its current share price level until there's a resolution one way or the other. That could get a bit painful with other stocks recovering strongly but on the other hand the relative value to other sector participants just keeps getting better and better.
    Yes Beagle, I been looking at this scenario this weekend in opportunity cost of holding. Since 1 Apr the price is up 13.91% and it may sit around this figure for a month or 2, wheras like you said other stocks are rising e.g. from the same date some other stocks percentage increases OCA (37.68%). PPH (107.65%) AIA (32.82%) THL (125.96%) AIR (86.36%) just to name a few. I guess with Met is it a FOMO on a successful conclusion.

I did this exercise as MET and ATM (only up 10.14%) are 2 of my largest holdings and 2 of the smaller increases thus my portfolio never seems to grow much in recent times. Makes me rethink what I am doing with some of my larger holdings.

My sense and hope is that $4.30 will just keep getting better and better value compared to the rest of the sector, as it has in recent weeks...the real estate market will be quite stable and hopefully we remain on top of Covid 19 and all this makes a negotiated settlement later this year more likely than not.

Next month's shareholders meeting will be a good opportunity to get a better handle on this. I hope all shareholders take the trouble to attend and ask every single question that's on their minds.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine