sharetrader
Page 278 of 326 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Too much virus going around in Auckland ....wouldnt feel safe

And AIR would charge me $249 to get up there and if we went for lunch etc $309 to get back home. Rip off eh

And then would pay for Flexifare cos Meeting likely to be called off and even then have ticket to AKL I’d never use
    Who would fly AIR anyway? Fly Jetstar and you get the same service for cheaper seats ...

Well, just checked: not that much cheaper - $125 to AKL and $219 back, but hey - at least you can support an Ossie Airline ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 02-07-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Who would fly AIR anyway? Fly Jetstar and you get the same service for cheaper seats ...
    No convenient flights that day
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I say get the damages, keep the company. It will be worth a lot more in 5 years. What am I going to do with the money anyhow. Everything worthwhile is top dollar.
    Don't understand it, interest rates lowest in 200 years, MET should be $10. I say shareholders dodged a bullet at $7. Get the damages, keep the company.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12344851 House prices defy predictions and are actually up ! Anything less than $7 is totally unacceptable and if you have to sue them to get $7, why bother so I tend to agree. No point going on a who knows how many ? tens of millions multi year legal goose chase with an extremely uncertain outcome. Just get back to business and lets keep this Kiwi owned.
    I am going to vote against lining lawyers pockets. Keeping it Kiwi

I don't need to make a fast buck right now on MET as where the heck would I reinvest the money ? (Already have heaps of OCA).

You should have looked at the JetStar website Winner, the ones who care about their customers with free masks and wipes. Free heads up, AIR don't care, (that even rhymes so its easy to remember)
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-07-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Liquidity drying up... funds in confidential discussions preventing them dealing on market?
    Last edited by JohnnyTheHorse; 02-07-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Liquidity drying up... funds in confidential discussions preventing them dealing on market?
    They certainly would not be allowed to act on insider information of a credible source has informed them of an offer.

The fact that AFR street talk (used since time immemorial to leak confidential information to get a desired outcome, and hence is extremely credible to the market) wrote that EQT made a revised offer rejected by MET directors means that there are parties who are in the know.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-07-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Wonder what the continuous disclosure rules consider time from event to disclosure as being appropriate. Also surely there must be exemptions for matters of commercial sensitivity.

Wonder what the continuous disclosure rules consider time from event to disclosure as being appropriate. Also surely there must be exemptions for matters of commercial sensitivity.
    This continuous disclosure consideration can be a real bugger when parties are in the middle of delicate negotiations and information gets leaked to the media.

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/enga...0200702-p5589a

Another leak to AFR. Hedge fund is giving Kim Ellis until end of play Friday to get back into discussions with EQT. Come on, surely a market announcement is overdue now.

Quote Originally Posted by baaantom View Post

Another leak to AFR. Hedge fund is giving Kim Ellis until end of play Friday to get back into discussions with EQT. Come on, surely a market announcement is overdue now.
    Looks like EQT wants to head off the meeting next week to endorse directors’ taking legal action against them for breaching the takeover agreement.

Now why is that?

Well, one thing is clear from the article - EQT initiated the current renegotiations.

My take is that EQT is waking up to the reality that their case is weak (refer previous postings by various posters regarding their position) and this is a face saving (& potentially money saving) move to renegotiate.

$6.35?

I think I will now hold out for the $7.00.
    Last edited by Balance; 03-07-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by baaantom View Post

Probably seal it off at $5.50... this is high enough for a dog stock, if holders are really lucky, EQT might even go as high as $6.
    EQT seem quite happy to walk away unless a price is substantial reduced is my take... while insto's don't want the chairman getting to upset about not getting to the $7 mark, basically asking him to settle for less, but to settle for something higher than it is right now (which is already elevated due to take over chat like this)