sharetrader
Page 155 of 326 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Im in the same boat. Never owned MET before as it's just been a little underwhelming and had historical issues etc. But at $3.30 I've bought a few. It is financially sound as Beagle points out with sector low gearing and just too cheap against NTA. Even if post virus NTA is trimmed 10-15% which I think is possible it's still selling for about 60% of a reduced NTA with multiple parties wanting to have bought it only a few months ago. A renewed bid around $6.00 could well succeed later this year but the BOard should insist on an unconditional offer after allowing confidential due diligence beforehand.
    Me too. In this sector, I've tended to look more at OCA, with a cursory low bid in there for MET, just in case the take over turned to custard. That low bid didn't get hit today, but I grabbed some at 340 (falling knife), 316 (when it hit the floor with a clatter) and then another stab at 327. The key for me will be to put them in the drawer and forget about them. I'll be back in there again if/when it gets too close to $3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bigger parcels are often crossed in house, (brokers really love clipping both ends of the same ticket), as a special parcel or between broker houses. (SP after the trade volume denotes special parcel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It’s a crossing - done by the same broker, one client to another.
    Roger. Thanks guys. Been playing with the share market since I was a kid in '86 (thanks for helping me lose all my paper round money, Dad) but still have plenty to learn from you wise old dogs

Banned

Anything cheaper than NTA..I am on....KPG...ARG...MET....love it....

Worth the risk....brick n motar....

Was a pretty solid update the other day from ARG...KPG was more concerning.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

No worries...debts are cheap...so long u have assests...then all good

Plus....the prime minister said today..there will be fund provided to businesses to help with lease.

Also...the hint....she kept saying businesses get ready...

We might see they lift the lockdown after Easter.

I remembered the government kept asking Kiwis to go home a week before lock down....

So... no worries. NZ is in a good position
    Last edited by King1212; 08-04-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    We might see they lift the lockdown after Easter.
    Not in a month of (Easter) Sundays. If the market has priced in that possibility, then we're in for another crash next week :-)

Ok...the sharemarket appears to be getting its mojo back..retirement entities appear to be gaining favour..albiet somewhat stutteringly....indeed NZ is in a good position.However...re the DOW etc...the US surely has yet to feel the pain...do folk believe that like in the past..our MKT..will suffer...despite.........cheers

Banned

That why I said...leave your money on term deposit....the market is now only for the brave one....

IMO

You are right Troy. This is a rare euphoric ray of light for us investors and traders. Weve been held down by doubt and gloom and worry, selling, sitting in no mans land, stunned mullets etc. Things have happened at incredible speeds nothing much happening is making sense, the swings have been nuts.

They havnt gone , much more ahead imo especially when /if 2nd , 3rd etc waves of infection come. But pockets of value emerge like today. How long one holds this is another story dark days still to come.Ive enjoyed this brief jack in a box spring, sure needed some relief in something.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Ok...the sharemarket appears to be getting its mojo back..retirement entities appear to be gaining favour..albiet somewhat stutteringly....indeed NZ is in a good position.However...re the DOW etc...the US surely has yet to feel the pain...do folk believe that like in the past..our MKT..will suffer...despite.........cheers
    How does the US still have to feel the pain? (From a market perspective that is)