sharetrader
Page 252 of 326 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3258

Excuse my ignorance, but are we likely to hear anything meaty on Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Sorry, removed comment, in bad taste.
    in some circles it is worse taste if you dont share.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    With the renewed upward momentum over there at OCA (think rising tide and all), and the fact NZ appears to have this Covid thing in hand, I wonder if EQT's desire to quit this contract may start to soften a little. Who wouldn't want some bargain basement bricks and mortar in our part of the world?

Crikey, just watched a painful interview by Jack Tame on Mr Muller... Here's one for Todd, sell NZ as a Covid free retirement village to the world.
    I can't help but think with the ongoing reassuring Covid 19 results steadily coming in each day, EQT's case gets incrementally weaker as time goes on.
    I'm not sure when we will get a ruling from the High Court mate. Unlikely on the day I would think but maybe Friday or next week ?

I'm starting to feel really good about MET again given the string of good Covid 19 results over the last 10 days and its relative value to others.
    Chatting with Coutts this morning, we agreed, downside if they lose is probably only 30 cents. Upside if they win is probably about $2 in a negotiated settlement which is most likely or ~ $2.70 if they force the takeover at $7. On the other hand we agreed that the timeframe to force a settlement could be fairly lengthy and that EQT will be well resourced if it comes to a legal fight. All thing considered it doesn't look like a bad bet at around $4.30. I will continue to sit on what I have and take a dogged long term approach to this one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-05-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I can't help but think with the ongoing reassuring Covid 19 results steadily coming in each day, EQT's case gets incrementally weaker as time goes on.
    I'm not sure when we will get a ruling from the High Court mate. Unlikely on the day I would think but maybe Friday or next week ?

I'm starting to feel really good about MET again given the string of good Covid 19 results over the last 10 days and its relative value to others.
    Chatting with Coutts this morning, we agreed, downside if they lose is probably only 30 cents. Upside if they win is probably about $2 in a negotiated settlement which is most likely or ~ $2.70 if they force the takeover at $7. On the other hand we agreed that the timeframe to force a settlement could be fairly lengthy and that EQT will be well resourced if it comes to a legal fight. All thing considered it doesn't look like a bad bet at around $4.30. I will continue to sit on what I have and take a dogged long term approach to this one.
    Yeah, similar sentiment to my own. There are plenty of worse places to park your funds on the NZX atm (no pun intended). With the generally improving picture here in NZ, EQT may just need a gentle nudge from the courts with regards to them honoring their contract, and indeed, unless they feel they've got solid grounds to quash it, they'd be best to get on with settling, for their own sake as well as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    in some circles it is worse taste if you dont share.
    OK but thought better about it. I said perhaps we should make cremation compulsory. Spur of the moment thought.

Guru

im surprised MR B is still in this one? can someone describe what the attraction of this stock is? a take over glamble ? based on some as yet not revalued NTA? This one is just to risky and surely the trade on this one is over? or not yet?

Bought a few more today. Talked myself into it with my post above lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bought a few more today. Talked myself into it with my post above lol
    Nothing like falling under the influence of a "Sharetrader Legend."

Banned

He is one of the legend here. And earn a master title....from me....maori bro!

Takeover panels comments not very helpfull.Seems to be a sitting on the fence announcement