sharetrader
Page 302 of 326 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3258

Every dog has its day. So far today nearly a full 2% of the entire shares have changed hands at a VWAP of $5.88 and its only lunchtime. I doubt people are buying in that volume at that price plus brokerage to make just 2% in the next 4 months, (6% per annum with an uncertain outcome). Hmmm...this could still be quite interesting to see where this goes. Think I'll just https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=19&ajaxhist=0 for a while and see what happens.

I think this whippet might still have a good turn of speed left in it
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Every dog has its day. So far today nearly a full 2% of the entire shares have changed hands at a VWAP of $5.88 and its only lunchtime. I doubt people are buying in that volume at that price plus brokerage to make just 2% in the next 4 months, (6% per annum with an uncertain outcome). Hmmm...this could still be quite interesting to see where this goes. Think I'll just https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=19&ajaxhist=0 for a while and see what happens.

I think this whippet might still have a good turn of speed left in it
    It’s really more than 2% of the company ...isn’t 20% ‘frozen’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s really more than 2% of the company ...isn’t 20% ‘frozen’
    Good point. 2.6% of shares, (not previously committed) at this point in time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

so you don't reckon its a done deal at $6? I too was looking to sell out this morning but still holding. At $6 takeover price I may as well however if there are signs that there still could be more to come then can hold for a little longer and your right Beagle - volume is higher today, highest its been since 9th April.

Who knows flyer, maybe, maybe not....Winner sent me this when we were talking about dogs today....probably a subliminal message that he also expects many more twists and turns yet to come with this fiasco https://www.instagram.com/p/CCe17LQh...=14luv3yzyxxlz...or perhaps he meant to portray the boards recent behaviour
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Winner sent me this when we were talking about dogs today....probably a subliminal message that he also expects many more twists and turns yet to come with this fiasco
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CCe17LQh...=14luv3yzyxxlz...or perhaps he meant to portray the boards recent behaviour
    Love the woof woof when he’s told to stop ....is that the subliminal message
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Love the woof woof when he’s told to stop ....is that the subliminal message
    Speaking of woof woof's...its very quiet on this thread today considering the circumstances. I reckon many have taken the money and run. Only those with dogged determination are left

Vote NO to stop the highly manipulative foreign buyer trying to pillage quality New Zealand assets at an egregiously low rock bottom price and send a message to all the directors that voted for this pillaging to resign in disgrace.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2020 at 03:25 PM.

It's strange, I have made a fair bit off this shambles - but at the same time I feel pretty underwhelmed with the way things have ended up.

Imo the share price would currently be in the low $5s with NO offer on the table, so an offer of $6 seems very poor. The SP was above $6 in April 2018!

The fact so many institutions such as Super are willing to cut and run though must speak to the quality of leadership and / or the company.

By the time this is voted on in late September it will have been a year since the last dividend was paid in September 2019.
    Not only have directors sold out based on a deep discount to NTA, they have sold out shareholders in terms of their rights to sue for $7 AND just to rub salt into the wound they have sold shareholders out of dividends for the last year as well.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2020 at 09:50 PM.

By the time this is voted on in late September it will have been a year since the last dividend was paid in September 2019.
    Not only have directors sold out based on a deep discount to NTA, they have sold out shareholders in terms of their rights to sue for $7 AND just to rub salt into the wound they have sold shareholders out of dividends for the last year as well.
    Bingo..your arguing with yourself..personally closed out the trade today, in essence for the reasons you mentioned above. Beagle you are now having a great debate with yourself