sharetrader
Page 127 of 326 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Hi Winner,

Just a question here on the methodology behind this fund selling.

If they have made such great gains with this position, is this selling that we are seeing by Devon et al merely an adjustment of the risk in their portfolio? I haven’t been involved in a takeover before, is this also another issue where possibly capital gets tied up and trading halted on the stock until a deal has been made?

cheers

preston
    Could well be just a reweighting / reallocation exercise

But selling started the day the $7 offer was announced

They still have over 5% so might be doing a Beagle
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I know its not really related but the new much more uncertain geopolitical environment has me a little more circumspect that I was a couple of days ago.
    A wise man hedges his bets so having started buying in the low $4's just 3 months ago, I decided to take half my chips off the table today.
    Its currently trading at a price that's just 13 cents shy of $7 that people will have to wait another ~ 4 months before they get the cheque. (Time value of money is a consideration here). Good to hear Trump trying to steer a conciliatory pathway but anything can happen and I think the chances of a better offer for MET in the current geopolitical climate are slightly less than last week. Doesn't hurt to hold some cash in one's portfolio at this stage. I have a fulsome allocation to SUM already so will bide my time and lets see what happens.

I remain hopeful of a better offer for MET but have to accept that's there's a very real chance one won't be forthcoming.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Timely geo-political stuff eh Beagle

Geo-political a term you need to know about in 2020 according to SMH
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...08-p53pus.html

At least we know Beagle is up with the play ...even though he might struggle with ‘Extended liquidity operations’

Watch the next deal come out now I have sold my shares - sold all as not worth keeping half of my 'small' lot
    But as beagle says waiting around until April not ideal, sure I can do something else with the funds to make up the difference between current price received and $7.00 like putting into sum other share ...maybe
    Last edited by Jay; 09-01-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added last bit that i left off

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Beagle..my gut feeling is a done deal...couple fundies have reduced their holding... so decided to cash in the chips and took the opportunity and bought SUM at$8.45....hopefull tmow good update from SUM
    Nicely timed.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Hopefully Beagle....now wait n see tomorrow for the quarter update....I could be in trouble if the update is poor....

More solid buying and selling today ...and creeping up to $7

Be funny if it got to $7 in next week or so

Once the deal was announced, I thought it may get a lot closer to $7 within a few days, alas no
    As mentioned decided to sell my small parcel another 10 cents or so won't make a big difference

I think this is the biggest daily volume so far since this proposed deal was announced. I guess many institutional fund managers are back from holidays.