sharetrader
Page 128 of 326 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Once the deal was announced, I thought it may get a lot closer to $7 within a few days, alas no
    As mentioned decided to sell my small parcel another 10 cents or so won't make a big difference
    leaving 10 cents in for the next chap or chapess is not such a bad thing. You probably have done well. Think of it as a late Xmas present for an unknown investor.

Yes, I was thinking that, why for a 13c gain to $7.
    Maybe (hopefully) more to come from this, something higher than $7.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    Yes, I was thinking that, why for a 13c gain to $7.
    Maybe (hopefully) more to come from this, something higher than $7.
    If the takeover is done and dusted in 4 months, a 13c gain is still 1.9% (before transaction costs) which annualises up at 5.7%. This is lower than which would expect from equity returns which means there is some embedded probability of a higher bid or fund managers now treating it like a high paying bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    If the takeover is done and dusted in 4 months, a 13c gain is still 1.9% (before transaction costs) which annualises up at 5.7%. This is lower than which would expect from equity returns which means there is some embedded probability of a higher bid or fund managers now treating it like a high paying bond.
    High paying bond makes no sense as there are clearly execution risks with this proposed takeover including Overseas Investment office approval and 75% approval by shareholders to name just two.
    The highlighted part of your post is the only possible logical explanation for the current share price. As mentioned before there are two possibilities of this happening.
    1. A higher bid from a third party.
    2. The pending appraisal report having as the bottom of its fair price range a figure higher than $7.00.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    High paying bond makes no sense as there are clearly execution risks with this proposed takeover including Overseas Investment office approval and 75% approval by shareholders to name just two.
    The highlighted part of your post is the only possible logical explanation for the current share price. As mentioned before there are two possibilities of this happening.
    1. A higher bid from a third party.
    2. The pending appraisal report having as the bottom of its fair price range a figure higher than $7.00.
    I look forward to this independent appraisal report

Be a brave person to present a report saying fair value was seen as say $7.25 to $7.95

You never know - miracles do happen.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I look forward to this independent appraisal report

Be a brave person to present a report saying fair value was seen as say $7.25 to $7.95

You never know - miracles do happen.
    Hope is a strategy but having a bob each way like you and I have by keeping some and selling some looks like a good pragmatic decision to me
    You could have quite a few good meals out on the brokerage I paid to sell half though, not that I need them with my waistline after Christmas lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

1:1 scrip bid would make it hard for anyone else to beat SUM possible other offer

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    1:1 scrip bid would make it hard for anyone else to beat SUM possible other offer
    SUM would be dumb as buying MET

I’d be selling my SUM shares if they went that way.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    If I was SUM or another potential acquirer, I would wait until the range comes out and then make my takeover offer. If the range is say $7.25 to $7.95 you pretty much know you can get it for $7.25 unless a bidding war breaks out. If the range starts as low as $7.00 even better.
    Mogul I think this could well happen, the present scheme of arrangement has the feel of being a low ball offer, opportunistically made over the holiday period.
    Quite likely others will up the offer and it will still be a bargain for them. The last 10 or so trading days volume of shares traded has been unusually high which tells me a better offer is more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Winner, what is your thinking behind that? I would back SUM management to realise the potential of the assets, especially compared with MET management.
    Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Mogul I think this could well happen, the present scheme of arrangement has the feel of being a low ball offer, opportunistically made over the holiday period.
    Quite likely others will up the offer and it will still be a bargain for them. The last 10 or so trading days volume of shares traded has been unusually high which tells me a better offer is more than likely.
    I agree 100%