sharetrader
Page 129 of 326 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Mogul I think this could well happen, the present scheme of arrangement has the feel of being a low ball offer, opportunistically made over the holiday period.
    Quite likely others will up the offer and it will still be a bargain for them. The last 10 or so trading days volume of shares traded has been unusually high which tells me a better offer is more than likely.
    I'm sitting tight. The offer is way too low.. and we lose nearly a year of revaluations. I also see no reason there is big volume at close to $7. I understand the selling side but the buy side is the interesting part of all this

Nearly $50m of shares changed hands already today and I doubt the buyers are chasing it so hard with the prospect of making just 11 cents over 4 months
    (Disc: Starting to wish I hadn't sold half my stake)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Winner, what is your thinking behind that? I would back SUM management to realise the potential of the assets, especially compared with MET management.
    Cultural differences, different way of doing things and huge integration risks and a certainty that perceived synergies would never eventuate make this suggestion a dumb idea ......and other reasons

Summerset would be distracted and lose focus on their own development plans (which some would say they are currently struggling with) which would not be good.

I’m sure if SUM acquiring MET is such a good thing it would have happened by now anyway

If it was indeed such a great thing and it happened then the next logical step is Ryman acquiring the Summet outfit with 1 for 2 script offer ..now that would be fun.

For a punter in for a quick buck rather than thinking 5/10 years out SUM making a decent offer would be good news.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Nearly $50m of shares changed hands already today and I doubt the buyers are chasing it so hard with the prospect of making just 11 cents over 4 months
    (Disc: Starting to wish I hadn't sold half my stake)
    I’ve bought back the ones I sold ...that’s not why the volume is so high today

Got to be in to win
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

SUM's CFO a very bright guy. I would back him and Julian to make a bloody good go out of MET's assets...really not that hard at all to make a better go of them than Sowry and co
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Got to be in to win
    You cunning hound.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-01-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Got to be in to win
    You should and deserve to get $8 plus for your shares in my opinion.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You cunning hound.
    Slightly more cunning to the folks sitting on their shares not selling any in the first place imo.

Banned

There will be at least $15m in fine if the deal dropped

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    You should and deserve to get $8 plus for your shares in my opinion.
    The board are muppets taking less than current NTA. Even an interim dividend reduces the $7 scheme price so earnings for the last 11 months goes for free as well.

Large shareholders had to put pressure on them for them to see that starting a share buy-back in the low $4 range was a good idea when their NTA was about $7.

Pathetic.