sharetrader
Page 133 of 326 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    $7.00 bid was announced on 30 December 2019. Just over three weeks on no improved bid has emerged and no announcement has bene forthcoming from the company as to which party is to prepare the so called "independent" appraisal report. Hmmmm
    To be fair - most decision makers are probably only since Monday back at their desks. Plenty of time to go anyway until takeover meeting - and on top of that it might not be the best strategy for somebody with a competing bid to show their cards to early ...

While shareholders would be interested in a bidding war, the same might not be the case for the people who want to make an offer ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Veteran novice

$7.00 bid was announced on 30 December 2019. Just over three weeks on and no improved bid has emerged and no announcement has bene forthcoming from the company as to which party is to prepare the so called "independent" appraisal report. Hmmmm
    It's probably all over bar the shouting but I'm an ardent fan of a possible contest - so I'll sit for now on my small stake.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    To be fair - most decision makers are probably only since Monday back at their desks. Plenty of time to go anyway until takeover meeting - and on top of that it might not be the best strategy for somebody with a competing bid to show their cards to early ...

While shareholders would be interested in a bidding war, the same might not be the case for the people who want to make an offer ...
    Fair comment mate. On a trip the other day one of the grandkids in the back seat asked the same age old question that's been asked by generations of kids since the automobile was invented. "Are we there yet" ? I couldn't help myself and replied "if we were there I wouldn't still be driving" but quickly followed it up with "we're two thirds there" understanding that all she really wanted was a progress update. Suppose I'm not much better than my granddaughter lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    It's probably all over bar the shouting but I'm an ardent fan of a possible contest - so I'll sit for now on my small stake.

There might be some barking to be done as well so I will keep my half stake because I love a good opportunity to have a bloody good grizzle
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

There might be some barking to be done as well so I will keep my half stake because I love a good opportunity to have a bloody good grizzle
    I love the honesty Beagle

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Well for what its worth Craigs dont believe they will get a better Take Over offer, they also have concerns the transaction may not get OIO approval

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well for what its worth Craigs dont believe they will get a better Take Over offer, they also have concerns the transaction may not get OIO approval
    Control over a LOT of land and housing would pass and I also hold reservations that OIO approval is a certainty. No issues if SUM other N.Z. company makes a better offer though

Control over a LOT of land and housing would pass and I also hold reservations that OIO approval is a certainty. No issues if SUM other N.Z. company makes a better offer though
    Possible still an issue even if bought by SUM other company due to the likely number of overseas investors in SUM. You might recall Fletchers applied to the OIO for residential property reasons despite being an NZ company.

SUM seem to get OIO approval for land purchases

Overseas ownership % likely reduced lately with Beagles stake getting bigger.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So were the 10% sold to ‘friendly’ parties or those hoping to do better

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...373/315538.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”