sharetrader
Page 142 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3258

looks like no one believes the take over will eventuate now.
    I've closed out now at after making 80c per share. Probably go a lot further though given how it was priced before the t/o bid
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I've closed out now at after making 80c per share. Probably go a lot further though given how it was priced before the t/o bid
    Well done

I think you right in that it looks like the acquisition is dead in the water
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Nice gain, congrats. I suspect this will test its previous low of $4.20 last year when the takeover is withdrawn.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well done

I think you right in that it looks like the acquisition is dead in the water
    First week of March JP Morgan Chase were accumulating an extra 1.5% of the shares. Presumably they were thinking the takeover would still go ahead.

However if a week is a long time in politics it may be even longer with the stock market! I wonder what next week will bring...

Disc: I sold my holding in the first week of March. So maybe they bought them.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 13-03-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Nice gain, congrats. I suspect this will test its previous low of $4.20 last year when the takeover is withdrawn.
    You are being unusually cautious on your price decline estimates. If we go back 6 months to 13 Sep 2019 we had the prices below. Today's close and the movements since then are also given.
    MET 4.46. Today's close 5.90 (+32%)
    SUM 6.35. Today's close 5.67 (-10.7%)
    RYM 13.14. Today's close 11.70 (-11.0%)
    OCA 1.02. Today's close 0.80 (-21.6%)

If MET was to to decline by what SUM/RYM have declined by over the last six months then your are looking at $3.98. If they fall by what OCA has fallen by, you are looking at $3.50.

Disc - sold out late Jan/Early Feb

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    You are being unusually cautious on your price decline estimates. If we go back 6 months to 13 Sep 2019 we had the prices below. Today's close and the movements since then are also given.

If MET was to to decline by what SUM/RYM have declined by over the last six months then your are looking at $3.98. If they fall by what OCA has fallen by, you are looking at $3.50.

Yes, as mentioned I suspect it will test it previous support line of $4.20. In another thread I have added this to my Christmas shopping list at $3.50. I wound need a discount of 50% to NTA to get interested because I think senior management are ostensibly, incompetent. At $3.50 hopefully somewhere down the track someone else will try and take them over again.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-03-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post

And ARV $1.43 to $1.31 (-8.4%)

Given what has gone on in the rest of the sector, as well as MET traditionally being 'cheap' compared to the other 4 listed, anything above $4 (should the takeover indeed fall through) would be surprising to me.

Sorry just thought I had to post given it looked like ARV was somehow missed out.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 14-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I have ARV on my Christmas shopping list at $1. Just letting you know they're on my radar. The MET deal is almost certainly dead with serious flow on effects for the others. Also almost certain is that the virus will get into some retirement villages around the country and the effects will be devastating if it spreads within retirement communities. They will end up with lots of vacant units and the oversupply situation will become chronic as the attractiveness and relative safety of people staying in their own homes will be front and central in old folks minds for many years to come.

The market is already significantly over supplied in my view and this situation could be about to get much worse. SUM is probably the worst positioned to withstand a possible severe "storm" with its already strongly growing unsold stock level's and vast land bank with consequent very high debt level's. I am going to be extremely cautious with any possible reentry into SUM and would need to see a confirmed new uptrend based on improved sales results. That's not going to happen any time soon, in my view so although the share price has been savaged, its not enough...not anywhere near enough to get me SUMwhat interested.

I think the whole sector, (with the possible exception of RYM) could potentially end up trading at quite a significant discount to NTA.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-03-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have ARV on my Christmas shopping list at $1. Just letting you know they're on my radar. The MET deal is almost certainly dead with serious flow on effects for the others. Also almost certain is that the virus will get into some retirement villages around the country and the effects will be devastating if it spreads within retirement communities....
    Perhaps retirement villages are also best situated to be able to control entry and thus to try to allay infection. If there is compulsory community self isolation as in Italy or China, then Perhaps there could be better co-ordination of services than would be available for elderly spread out in the community and perhaps separated from family overseas in other parts of the country.

With respect to the rest homes in retirement villages, hopefully the elderly there will be better monitored than if they had remained in their home homes. Medical treatment is on hand and perhaps isolation more rapidly enforced. I am not convinced that risk of infection would be greater within a rest home with good hygiene practices, and even less convinced that elderly in retirement villages units would be more at risk than if they lived elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Perhaps retirement villages are also best situated to be able to control entry and thus to try to allay infection. If there is compulsory community self isolation as in Italy or China, then Perhaps there could be better co-ordination of services than would be available for elderly spread out in the community and perhaps separated from family overseas in other parts of the country.

With respect to the rest homes in retirement villages, hopefully the elderly there will be better monitored than if they had remained in their home homes. Medical treatment is on hand and perhaps isolation more rapidly enforced. I am not convinced that risk of infection would be greater within a rest home with good hygiene practices, and even less convinced that elderly in retirement villages units would be more at risk than if they lived elsewhere.
    This makes a lot of sense, but don't destroy bulls / beagles nice ramp down story. Remember winner saying - its not about the numbers, but about the story ... and currently we are just in ramp down mode :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)