sharetrader
Page 156 of 326 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3258

black surely you jest..Im no expert.However Im a news junkie..and have noticed..CNN FOX..have you noticed how day after day ....a percentage of American pop are becoming increasingly delusional...irrational..in denial ..I could go on here..many figures are around..say 10 million unemployed....say..20.. 30..."feel the pain"...it ain't started yet...I stress this is only my humble opinion cheers

Banned

One thing to sum up......for those that reading this forum.....

All of posts are opinions based....so right...bull eyes .. some wrong....

Some choose to follow....some don't...

Whatever u do....u make your own decisions based on the companies current condition.

No one have a crystal ball.....

A true recession will hit when investors are not aware and cautious....

That what my opinion....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    black surely you jest..Im no expert.However Im a news junkie..and have noticed..CNN FOX..have you noticed how day after day ....a percentage of American pop are becoming increasingly delusional...irrational..in denial ..I could go on here..many figures are around..say 10 million unemployed....say..20.. 30..."feel the pain"...it ain't started yet...I stress this is only my humble opinion cheers
    No I am not jesting. What I mean is that yes they will feel pain, but would that not apply proportionally just as much to other Western countries? It's not going to be worse in the US than in NZ. So why should the DOW etc be worse off than the NZX? If anything NZ will feel a lot more economic pain than the US with our over-reliance on Tourism which probably will dry up for the next 12 months.....
    For some context... 10m unemployed in the US is the same as 166,000 unemployed in NZ... think we might get there quite soon!

IMO

I wouldn't watch Fox for more then 5 mins troy, ( other then for entertainment) its all delusional and their brief is to suck up to trump spread lies and fake news galore relentlessly. Unfort a lot of americans are brainwashed and sucked in. Anything goes no moral compass whatsoever. Trump blaming everyone but his own incompetent self.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    One thing to sum up......for those that reading this forum.....

All of posts are opinions based....so right...bull eyes .. some wrong....

Some choose to follow....some don't...

Whatever u do....u make your own decisions based on the companies current condition.

No one have a crystal ball.....

A true recession will hit when investors are not aware and cautious....

That what my opinion....
    I like how you think King1212 but that last line "A true recession will hit when investors are not aware and cautious...."
    Do you mean 'A true recession will hit when investors are not aware and not cautious....' i.e. Blindsided, or are you saying they will be cautious but not aware?

black..re the US I cannot say other than to read Joshua's post again.How ever history has indeed taught us many things.The US has been often underestimated .Mr Yamato I believe once said.."we have awoken a giant".However given..blah blah blah...essentially it's my belief that the US is suffering from an increasingly..percentage of the population feeling more emboldened... by trump..sadly...

Banned

What I meant....now investors are aware that there will be a slow down. Investors were cashing up since January. They all have heaps cash.

People are very cautious now....that is good....so recession won't happens in the short term.

Recession is only a worry...when the businesses are failing...at the moment this is a black swam event. Whether it will be one. .we will see it within 6 months.

Once the lockdown lifted..you will see all the people are spending like a horny virgin....bang...bang.. bang...non stop..

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    black..re the US I cannot say other than to read Joshua's post again.How ever history has indeed taught us many things.The US has been often underestimated .Mr Yamato I believe once said.."we have awoken a giant".However given..blah blah blah...essentially it's my belief that the US is suffering from an increasingly..percentage of the population feeling more emboldened... by trump..sadly...
    Well, listening and believing in Trump’s BS is costing the US very dearly - just under 400k infected as of today there and 1,900+ deaths, taking the death toll there to over 12,800. And there’s worse to come.

Veteran novice

Seems the MET thread has morphed into, what?...………..

IMO

Back to the past present and future
    bout Metlifecare

Metlifecare is a leading New Zealand owner and operator of retirement villages, providing rewarding lifestyles and outstanding care to more than 5,600 New Zealanders. Established in 1984, it currently owns and operates a portfolio of 28 villages in areas with strong local economies, supportive demographics and high median house prices, located predominantly in New Zealand’s upper North Island.

Mkt cap $748.7 mill mkt cap was re double in Feb.! Same number of villages today
    Net assets in FEB $700 mill

Results Presentation

There has been re 45 SPH notices from big Insto Financial companies. since Jan.

I did a real quick rough and ready count of 7 instos down to Vanguard of re 60 million shares that could be an overhang.Dont rely on this fig.

S/P held steady this arvo @$3.51 after hitting allow of re $3.13 this morn after the no buy announcement with 18.7 mill share through. same again tomorrow and will the s/p hold up like today?
    DOW futures currently -70
    Market Screener, 4 holds t/p $6.79
    Craigs hold valu $7.50
    But what will the property mkt do?
    Know when to hold know when to fold. say when. "when"
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 08-04-2020 at 09:34 PM.