sharetrader
Page 157 of 284 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3246

Hybrid View

Must be a lot of buying pressure keeping the share price up as the overseas funds sell down.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Must be a lot of buying pressure keeping the share price up as the overseas funds sell down.
    The arb funds were buying at $6.80 plus - by the millions of shares.

Whoever were selling to them must be crying into their champagne and caviar as they buy back at around current levels.

There is a Santa Claus!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The arb funds were buying at $6.80 plus - by the millions of shares.

Whoever were selling to them must be crying into their champagne and caviar as they buy back at around current levels.

There is a Santa Claus!
    I don't know about them but I know I am MET, the gift that keeps on giving
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"If some people can't be bothered paying a few bucks a week for behind the paywall access to the Herald, especially at a time like this, then I am sorry but sometimes I simply can't be bothered even posting a brief synopsis.." ...really Rogerthebeagle ?

You all could be forgiven for deducing that Rogerthebeagle is a sales rep for 'the HERALD' I look at many share sites and when links are posted behind 'paywalls' I believe that the poster should pay for us all to read the content. I can no longer call it the NZ herald because for a few years now it has been a very poor version of the NZ 'news' ....but I digress MET has been ridiculously good to me as I was one who sold out to the arbitrage traders and have bought back nearly double my holding for the same amount invested am a but smug right now and look to hold on for another thirty years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    "If some people can't be bothered paying a few bucks a week for behind the paywall access to the Herald, especially at a time like this, then I am sorry but sometimes I simply can't be bothered even posting a brief synopsis.." ...really Rogerthebeagle ?

You all could be forgiven for deducing that Rogerthebeagle is a sales rep for 'the HERALD' I look at many share sites and when links are posted behind 'paywalls' I believe that the poster should pay for us all to read the content. I can no longer call it the NZ herald because for a few years now it has been a very poor version of the NZ 'news' ....
    NZME need all the help they can get!

Disclosure: I subscribe to support where I can

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    "...
    You all could be forgiven for deducing that Rogerthebeagle is a sales rep for 'the HERALD' I look at many share sites and when links are posted behind 'paywalls' I believe that the poster should pay for us all to read the content. . ..
    Why? If you read an article that refers to other publications either in the body of the text or in footnotes you do not automatically get a copy of the publication to which reference is made. You should expect to pay for it. In your scenario if someone refers to a book, play, movie or game, then they have to buy you a copy or a ticket, or the original author should provide it gratis. You should be grateful that Beagle posted a link to where the information could be bought.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-04-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's going to go back to $5 in a matter of time anyway when the arb funds finish selling (they cannot sell forever).

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...669/320802.pdf
    Oops can't really take credit for the eureka moment in my previous post.

IMO

I was getting bored with all that spin about SUM other company and relieved that another one has MET your brief (mine too).

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I was getting bored with all that spin about SUM other company and relieved that another one has MET your brief (mine too).
    Sadly SUM has not MET expectations
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Somebody is buying and keeping the price up, Credit Suisse reduced exposure as well. Cant imagine why?