sharetrader
Page 173 of 326 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3258
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Yes me too at $4.00. I think thats the highest I will go, will need the price to reduce below $4-00 to accumulate any more.
    the same here too

Yes me too at $4.00. I think thats the highest I will go, will need the price to reduce below $4-00 to accumulate any more.
    I am very comfortable with the deep value on offer around about $4 and won't quibble over a few cents here and there. I am currently trying to buy more at $4.05.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am very comfortable with the deep value on offer around about $4 and won't quibble over a few cents here and there. I am currently trying to buy more at $4.05.
    Yep, that's where I topped up at, to add to earlier purchases in the last two weeks.

Somebody is buying and keeping the price up, Credit Suisse reduced exposure as well. Cant imagine why?
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...717/317120.pdf

EG. 16-Jan-20 $5,264,090.03 BUY 764,365 ($6.88 ouch!)

Buy at $6.50+ and sell at under $4.00 - guess CSFB has little option but to sell out.

Their mandate as an arbitrage fund is to play a different game (fixed interest alternative plus potential further upside from increased bid) when there's a takeover play rather than plain investing.

Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth - sp is being kept down by their selling activity. When the arb funds are finished, sp will be $5.00 looking at the depth of buying starting to emerge now.

There have to be shareholders in other retirement village/healthcare home stocks switching into MET - great opportunity!
    Last edited by Balance; 17-04-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Yep, that's where I topped up at, to add to earlier purchases in the last two weeks.
    Gidday mate. Wouldn't it be a bloody good laugh if we got a revised takeover next week at $6.50 or the original takeover at $7 is back on

My understanding is that under lockdown 3 protocol's Real Estate Agents can return to work with some limitations, (can't operate from a shop) and can't have open homes or physical auctions). Translation (as I understand it) is sales people can show people units in a village in much the same way as they always have, meet at the village entrance and go from there so MET is back in the business of selling units as soon as we go to level 3 which should hopefully be next Thursday.

I was talking to John Bayley's right hand man earlier this week on a commercial deal one of my clients has signed. He told me he is hearing of a heck of a lot of Ex pat's that are looking to come back home to safe little ol N.Z. More than a million of them overseas, many of which are thinking of N.Z. as a nice safe little Island nation to come back and retire too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Gidday mate. Wouldn't it be a bloody good laugh if we got a revised takeover next week at $6.50 or the original takeover at $7 is back on

My understanding is that under lockdown 3 protocol's Real Estate Agents can return to work with some limitations, (can't operate from a shop) and can't have open homes or physical auctions). Translation (as I understand it) is sales people can show people units in a village in much the same way as they always have, meet at the village entrance and go from there so MET is back in the business of selling units as soon as we go to level 3 which should hopefully be next Thursday.

that would just be the icing on the top for many .. the O/s Funds etc may be fairly gutted having read it wrong & sold down early though..

Now there's a thought ... I have to say, MET has been good to me, despite the shennanigans with the takeover ... I sold out back in January and made a nice little profit, this time around could be even more fun!

PS As you know I am always grateful to you and other experienced investors who take the time to share your expertise, insights, and thoughts in general.

Can’t be bothered clicking on links to see whether it’s relevant

I assume it’s a link to a story that METs leaky building problem is much bigger than they’ve disclosed
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can’t be bothered clicking on links to see whether it’s relevant

I assume it’s a link to a story that METs leaky building problem is much bigger than they’ve disclosed
    Never click on links with no explanation, just good safety netiquette.