sharetrader
Page 174 of 326 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Never click on links with no explanation, just good safety netiquette.
    Thats a good practice eh

That’s why I didn’t click on the link ..probably some advertising material (if you get the gist of that) or trying to seduce me into doing something I shouldn’t.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Gidday mate. Wouldn't it be a bloody good laugh if we got a revised takeover next week at $6.50 or the original takeover at $7 is back on

My understanding is that under lockdown 3 protocol's Real Estate Agents can return to work with some limitations, (can't operate from a shop) and can't have open homes or physical auctions). Translation (as I understand it) is sales people can show people units in a village in much the same way as they always have, meet at the village entrance and go from there so MET is back in the business of selling units as soon as we go to level 3 which should hopefully be next Thursday.

I was talking to John Bayley's right hand man earlier this week on a commercial deal one of my clients has signed. He told me he is hearing of a heck of a lot of Ex pat's that are looking to come back home to safe little ol N.Z. More than a million of them overseas, many of which are thinking of N.Z. as a nice safe little Island nation to come back and retire too.
    Reminds me of that great song by the Blam Blam Blam's, inserting Pandemic in the mix fits easily.

Blam Blam Blam - No Depression in New Zealand (1981) original version

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Can’t be bothered clicking on links to see whether it’s relevant

I assume it’s a link to a story that METs leaky building problem is much bigger than they’ve disclosed
    You assume wrong.

I sometimes don't bother adding any comment if the article speaks for itself.

If some people can't be bothered paying a few bucks a week for behind the paywall access to the Herald, especially at a time like this, then I am sorry but sometimes I simply can't be bothered even posting a brief synopsis....besides that, you're all grown up now mate and don't need spoon feeding
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-04-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

haha funny winner i saw that as sarcasm even if it wasnt.

the link is not specifically relevant to Met even if it is another rest home with covid sweeping through.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

"If some people can't be bothered paying a few bucks a week for behind the paywall access to the Herald, especially at a time like this, then I am sorry but sometimes I simply can't be bothered even posting a brief synopsis.." ...really Rogerthebeagle ?

You all could be forgiven for deducing that Rogerthebeagle is a sales rep for 'the HERALD' I look at many share sites and when links are posted behind 'paywalls' I believe that the poster should pay for us all to read the content. I can no longer call it the NZ herald because for a few years now it has been a very poor version of the NZ 'news' ....but I digress MET has been ridiculously good to me as I was one who sold out to the arbitrage traders and have bought back nearly double my holding for the same amount invested am a but smug right now and look to hold on for another thirty years or so.

Copywrite, heard of it ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Gidday mate. Wouldn't it be a bloody good laugh if we got a revised takeover next week at $6.50 or the original takeover at $7 is back on

My understanding is that under lockdown 3 protocol's Real Estate Agents can return to work with some limitations, (can't operate from a shop) and can't have open homes or physical auctions). Translation (as I understand it) is sales people can show people units in a village in much the same way as they always have, meet at the village entrance and go from there so MET is back in the business of selling units as soon as we go to level 3 which should hopefully be next Thursday..
    I would say that the still unresolved viral pandemic would be enough to trigger the MAC clause. Despite the gyrations of the share market and the recent increase in the price of share market listings, the likely economic consequences of this virus could well have an economic effect and an effect on real estate prices “reasonably likely” to result in a material drop exceeding $100m in the NTA of Metlifecare or resulting in a 10% drop in net profit in fy2020 and/or fy2021 and/or fy2021.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 17-04-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Sorry...why so much exuberant sentiment prior to a likely depression.

Quote Originally Posted by penn View Post
    "If some people can't be bothered paying a few bucks a week for behind the paywall access to the Herald, especially at a time like this, then I am sorry but sometimes I simply can't be bothered even posting a brief synopsis.." ...really Rogerthebeagle ?

You all could be forgiven for deducing that Rogerthebeagle is a sales rep for 'the HERALD' I look at many share sites and when links are posted behind 'paywalls' I believe that the poster should pay for us all to read the content. I can no longer call it the NZ herald because for a few years now it has been a very poor version of the NZ 'news' ....
    NZME need all the help they can get!

Disclosure: I subscribe to support where I can

Hey Beagle me old mate. We all know you are a trader (won’t use the word punter) and not an investor per se.

We all know that you fall head over heels in love with a company but you tend to fall out of love very quickly and kick them out of your kennel.

So a question

With MET what is the trigger that causes them not to be ‘deep value’ any more and you give them the boot.

Disc: taking a punt essentially because the share price sunk really low and there’s still a chance the takeover might happen or another offer might be made ...but I have no faith whatsoever in the current Board and management extracting any ‘great value’ out of this dog
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”