sharetrader
Page 179 of 326 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    I agree bull...but your posts are based because you sold position ...
    no intention of buying again , good luck
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    glad i sold this morning might tank tomorrow
    Stay clear and stay safe, bull.

Covid-19 is going to cause many consequential changes in our country. However, what won't change is the onset of the grey tsunami or the ongoing need for aged residential care and accommodation. There may be a temporary lull in people making the decision to move into retirement facilities, but that won't last long as health, safety and security concerns override other factors.
    Investing in the sector is a rational decision, the only question to ask is: Is now the right time? In the case of MET, I think it is.
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Covid-19 is going to cause many consequential changes in our country. However, what won't change is the onset of the grey tsunami or the ongoing need for aged residential care and accommodation. There may be a temporary lull in people making the decision to move into retirement facilities, but that won't last long as health, safety and security concerns override other factors.
    Investing in the sector is a rational decision, the only question to ask is: Is now the right time? In the case of MET, I think it is.
    Rational and reasonable.
    Rare around here at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Agree with all of this and recently bought back in to MET for these and the reasons Beagle has articulated so clearly, but what I suspect will change is the ability of the "grey tsunami" to pay if the value of their existing houses and other assets being sold to buy into a retirement home fall. MET will continue to do business but IMHO there is a question mark over the price they will realise. Regardless, the share price is still sufficiently far below a Covid-19 adjusted NTA for me.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Agree with all of this and recently bought back in to MET for these and the reasons Beagle has articulated so clearly, but what I suspect will change is the ability of the "grey tsunami" to pay if the value of their existing houses and other assets being sold to buy into a retirement home fall. MET will continue to do business but IMHO there is a question mark over the price they will realise. Regardless, the share price is still sufficiently far below a Covid-19 adjusted NTA for me.
    Rymans, and I suspect all the big players in the sector, pitch their unit prices at a percentage of property prices in the area, in RYM's case at 75%. I agree that there will probably be a lull as the market adjusts and individuals' plans are reviewed but the march of time and its effects will continue regardless.

Holding MET

Did any of you guys have one of these beauties to work with?

It’s an Osborne Executive portable computer launched.p in 1983
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did any of you guys have one of these beauties to work with?

An interesting piece of kit

Do you still have one that is working ?

What's the relevance of this piece of history to the thread .. just out of interest ?
    Last edited by nztx; 19-04-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fun fact.... It was specifically designed to fit under an airliner seat... Business Class one assumes. Only "portable" I'm aware of with a CRT. But yeah...grasping for context.
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    An interesting piece of kit

Do you still have one that is working ?

What's the relevance of this piece of history to the thread .. just out of interest ?
    This thread seems to have a lot of inteesting irrevalent stuff on it so my not .... any way the world is not very orderly these days so anything goes

Maybe some MET residents still have these
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”