sharetrader
Page 194 of 326 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3258

MET down less than the rest of the sector today, probably because of the deep value on offer.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-04-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    MET down less than the rest of the sector today, probably because of the deep value on offer.
    Thanks for bringing MET up on my radar. I recall several years ago when you were a fan of SUM and SUM was one of the popular picks at the sharetrader meeting which I didn't follow suit. This time I'll come along with you guys for the ride with MET and have picked up a parcel to add to my collection.

There's a fair few near term catalysts with the response to AVPG later this week which is in a couple of days, and delivery of SIA material by the end of April, which is around a week including the weekend. Granted there is every possibility that AVPG/EQT will see the SIA terminated through the MAC clauses. Reading the announcement on the 20th shows me that MET management is relatively confident in their reasoning why the agreement will come to fruition and reading it myself, it does appear to make a lot of sense as fundamentally the company is more or less the same to when AVPG entered willfully into the agreement.

I'm not banking on the takeover and if it falls through I share your sentiment that the company has sound fundamental prospects in the sector, and I do quite enjoy that there is potentially some entertainment value in this moving forward to the near future. Life in lockdown has been a little bit dull afterall.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Maybe down because punters read this

https://www.anz.co.nz/content/dam/an...O-20200422.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Link doesn't work for me.....

met needs to pay a corona allowance to staff as do all
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Try this one :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...es-down-15-anz

House prices expected to drop 15%.

In which case MET’s $7 valuation becomes $5.95.

Plenty of fat in the valuation vs the other village operators.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-04-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks.
    I think Winner meant this one

Which looks the same URL, but this one works for me.
    Last edited by Grimy; 22-04-2020 at 12:44 PM. Reason: More info.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    heres the good bit

House prices are expected to fall significantly, as typically happens in economic downturns. House prices normally swing much more than GDP does. At this stage we expect to see house prices drop 10 per cent to 15 per cent, with demand under considerable pressure. There is downside risk to this, particularly if credit becomes squeezed."

retirement unit prices falling 10 - 15% be pretty savage on profits , no divs for sure from any of them or gains on sales
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    heres the good bit

House prices are expected to fall significantly, as typically happens in economic downturns. House prices normally swing much more than GDP does. At this stage we expect to see house prices drop 10 per cent to 15 per cent, with demand under considerable pressure. There is downside risk to this, particularly if credit becomes squeezed."

retirement unit prices falling 10 - 15% be pretty savage on profits , no divs for sure from any of them or gains on sales
    I can’t even take any of these forecasting articles seriously anymore. I don’t think any of them have been remotely correct over the years. Wasn’t there an article out there predicting a rise as well due to all the expats and Australians returning home because NZ is a safe haven? So which one is it? Down up? Left or right?
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe down because punters read this

We know quite a lot about ANZ's "credibility" with economic predictions don't we mate Quite right Ace, they're all throwing darts while blindfolded.
    If they are going to print out these economic reports (as opposed to electronic media), I hope they print them on toilet paper
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine