sharetrader
Page 222 of 326 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    If they're hat good you be buying Macq stock ??
    Have a look at the Macquarie stock chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I can tell you one thing which I will not do (again) - buy anything like OCA from Macquarie.
    They've exited out of there now though, right? I had OCA earlier last year and eventually ran out of patience with the Macquarie overhang and sold out in the low $1.something...impecably bad timing on my part of course. OCA has been good to me so far this year, but if this sell down continues, the green will start to go a bit autumnal...

PS, sorry for discussing this on the MET thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I can tell you one thing which I will not do (again) - buy anything like OCA from Macquarie.

They are well known to milk any entity they are selling down dry and use financial engineering to 'enhance' yield but somehow or another, always find willing buyers to buy the pig with the lipstick on.

Like Forsyth Barr, I guess - the punters think that they are the clever ones despite being sold dogs-a-barking non stop!
    But OCA was a good buy off Macquarie at 79c. At that time market rising etc etc and there were plenty of opportunities to pass the parcel. But I didn't even buy any then because of the Macquarie taint
    However the last dump by them was brilliant and at punters expense so yeh they are the vampire squids of the Tasman Sea.

What is wrong with their chart? Take it to here if you want https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...acquarie-Group

oh and don't worry Cyclical I have it on good authority that threads are meaningless concepts in post covid world.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    But OCA was a good buy off Macquarie at 79c. At that time market rising etc etc and there were plenty of opportunities to pass the parcel. But I didn't even buy any then because of the Macquarie taint
    However the last dump by them was brilliant and at punters expense so yeh they are the vampire squids of the Tasman Sea.

What is wrong with their chart? Take it to here if you want https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...acquarie-Group

oh and don't worry Cyclical I have it on good authority that threads are meaningless concepts in post covid world.
    They are masterful players at the art of cobbling together sub-standard assets & businesses, and after a period of ‘consolidation & restructuring’ flog off as a quality piece of sub-standard business for a huge gain.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/...ectid=12329794 Very interesting. Auckland house prices up 5% in the 3 months to 26 March 2020.
    Everyone is throwing darts trying to guess the impact of Covid 19 but the best guide to the future is the past and in the GFC over the following 22 months the market fell only just over 4%.

Maybe taking into account the rise in the first 3 months of this year, once the dust settles from this virus real estate prices will be basically unchanged compared to the $7.00 NTA as at 31 December 2019 ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/...ectid=12329794 Very interesting. Auckland house prices up 5% in the 3 months to 26 March 2020.
    Everyone is throwing darts trying to guess the impact of Covid 19 but the best guide to the future is the past and in the GFC over the following 22 months the market fell only just over 4%.

Maybe taking into account the rise in the first 3 months of this year, once the dust settles from this virus real estate prices will be basically unchanged compared to the $7.00 NTA as at 31 December 2019 ?
    Once the dust settles? Do you mean 5 years time?

We will have higher unemployment this time compared to post GFC.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Once the dust settles? Do you mean 5 years time?
    Who knows but we seem to be doing really well so far in N.Z.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    We will have higher unemployment this time compared to post GFC.
    And MUCH lower interest rates. Saw 2.8% today.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I reckon at worst, give or take 10% drop over the next 2 years, maybe more if you adjust for inflation, but then we could be in for a period of deflation anyway. Maybe the market will be flat for another year or 2 after that before it goes gang busters. It would be worse if Auckland hadn't already had a couple of years of negligible growth (barring the last quarter). Predicted big drops in the property market are over rated. Of greater concern is the ability for depth fueled expenditure against the house.

Who knows but we seem to be doing really well so far in N.Z.

And MUCH lower interest rates. Saw 2.8% today.
    In the long run I would suspect you will need a job to maintain your mortgage, irrespective of interest rate ?