sharetrader
Page 224 of 326 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3258

I don't have an opinion on the share in question as its not one I am interested in.

Latest announcement does not give me any comfort that there's going to be a negotiated settlement anytime soon.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352813
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't have an opinion on the share in question as its not one I am interested in.

Latest announcement does not give me any comfort that there's going to be a negotiated settlement anytime soon.
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/352813
    Despite these impending legal shenanigans during an epidemic to force through the pre-covid agreement, maybe directors can still spare some of their effort and attention to actually running the company.

It seems like neither the current directors nor APVG actually want to be responsible for the business now!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 07-05-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Despite these impending legal shenanigans during an epidemic to force through the pre-covid agreement, maybe directors can still spare some of their effort and attention to actually running the company.

It seems like neither the current directors nor APVG actually want to be responsible for the business now!
    In what respect ? They have been working hard to mitigate the risks of Covid 19 and try and progress this scheme for the benefit of shareholders. Just one of those things are challenging enough but to manage both at the same time...I would think they've been working as hard as they can.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

In what respect ? They have been working hard to mitigate the risks of Covid 19 and try and progress this scheme for the benefit of shareholders. Just one of those things are challenging enough but to manage both at the same time...I would think they've been working as hard as they can.
    I should have rephrased my post. Since APVG said they would not go ahead, I hope the directors energy and focus still remains on the business rather than the impending legal dispute. Pursuing APVG through the Courts may well benefit the current shareholders, but will it benefit the residents and the business?

As a shareholder, I am 100% behind the directors spending a few million dollars and taking EQT to court - now that they have QC opinion to do so.

As naive a comment as one can get about directors being able to focus on one thing only.

Veteran novice

I should have rephrased my post. Since APVG said they would not go ahead, I hope the directors energy and focus still remains on the business rather than the impending legal dispute. Pursuing APVG through the Courts may well benefit the current shareholders, but will it benefit the residents and the business?
    There's no evidence that I can see that directors/management aren't focused on the business. Same applies to the others in the sector.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    As naive a comment as one can get about directors being able to focus on one thing only.
    Perhaps...However, I would like to see a breakdown of board meetings and the time devoted to each issue facing the company.

Disc: A returned shareholder since the APVG termination.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 07-05-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Veteran novice

Perhaps...However, I would like to see a breakdown of board meetings and the time devoted to each issue facing the company.

Disc: A returned shareholder since the APVG termination.
    Perhaps you'll be able to ask for that at the shareholders' meeting tentatively scheduled for June/July, if it goes ahead.

I believe that of the two legally enforceable outcomes an enforced takeover would be the correct outcome. However, I also dont believe that this is the most likely outcome.
    So if the outcome is for damages, how would that be calculated and does it relate to the share price ? And who would it go to. Obviously MET would need to be reimbursed costs etc but there is more damage than costs there is the lost opportunity for shareholders to sell at $7. How do we as shareholders get compensated for our loss.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

As a resident of a MET village [& a shareholder],I thought you all seem a little worried about how the villages are being run.Well the CEO has been working from home since the start of lockdown 4 [using the digital things of today to keep in contact with all the HO staff & all of us residents with regular contact to all].HO are keeping the village managers well informed on what to do & how to impliment & I can tell you the village I am in has been running extremely well,with staff going the extra mile all the time,nothing seems to be a problem & any request is dealt with more or less straight away.In all Sowry's contact he is always stressing the wellbeing of us is his priority.They have set up an online virtual place for the residents with all sorts of stuff to stop the boredom of the lockdowns.Lucky for them we have had no one depart the village so far since lockdown.So I do think they are putting enough effort into running the business [like the boss said the last thing they want is a virus in a village].Hope some of you took note of an earlier post where I said PPH was a good bet.Happy days