sharetrader
Page 249 of 326 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    It was such a stretch to claim that MET's application for the subsidy was a reputational risk. If somehow, miraculously they didn't have a fall in revenue of 30% for the month, then they just pay it back and look like the good guy!
    Yes some of the stuff EQT have claimed looks like its just taking a shotgun approach, shooting off both barrels and hoping at least one pellet hits the mark. Not sure their approach will be stand up to scrutiny of N.Z. courts. Time will tell. One thing for sure, its good we appear to be getting on top of this virus in N.Z., I think that helps MET's chances, (there is no "bush" legal basis for my thinking, this is just my gut feel)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes some of the stuff EQT have claimed looks like its just taking a shotgun approach, shooting off both barrels and hoping at least one pellet hits the mark. Not sure their approach will be stand up to scrutiny of N.Z. courts. Time will tell. One thing for sure, its good we appear to be getting on top of this virus in N.Z., I think that helps MET's chances, (there is no "bush" legal basis for my thinking, this is just my gut feel)
    Agree.

Even if MET wins, what is the risk that EQT still manages to wriggle out of their obligation to complete the deal? Even choosing to ignore the court's decision?

I have no idea what the international enforcement of a NZ court order involves.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhaul View Post
    It was such a stretch to claim that MET's application for the subsidy was a reputational risk. If somehow, miraculously they didn't have a fall in revenue of 30% for the month, then they just pay it back and look like the good guy!
    Yeah, it's probably damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had MET not claimed it and it latter turned out that they were eligible, would EQT then be moaning that they hadn't taken the handout? More than likely I suspect.

I don't want the takeover to go ahead. I would much rather get costs and damages. After all what am I going to do with the cash. So much fake money being printed at the moment, that any cash being held is a risk, when hyper inflation and low interest rates take over. I remember the stories of my grandparents telling me how he sold shares before the war in Europe and then when Germany invaded cash was useless and of no value. Mind you shares would probably have been valueless as well. Kiyosaki says keep out of cash, buy Gold Silver and Bitcoin. I would much rather hold onto MET as a hedge against inflation, don't care so much about dividends, I want profit, capital gain and a hedge against inflation. Then when the dust settles in about five years, I wouldn't mind a takeover at $15.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I don't want the takeover to go ahead. I would much rather get costs and damages. After all what am I going to do with the cash. So much fake money being printed at the moment, that any cash being held is a risk, when hyper inflation and low interest rates take over. I remember the stories of my grandparents telling me how he sold shares before the war in Europe and then when Germany invaded cash was useless and of no value. Mind you shares would probably have been valueless as well. Kiyosaki says keep out of cash, buy Gold Silver and Bitcoin. I would much rather hold onto MET as a hedge against inflation, don't care so much about dividends, I want profit, capital gain and a hedge against inflation. Then when the dust settles in about five years, I wouldn't mind a takeover at $15.
    Kiyosaki lol

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Kiyosaki lol
    Have to agree with this – there's been enough written about Kiyosaki (both before and after the bankruptcy filing) to full several books with details of the shortcomings in his "advice."

Veteran novice

I want profit, capital gain and a hedge against inflation. Then when the dust settles in about five years, I wouldn't mind a takeover at $15.
    Don't we all!

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Kiyosaki lol
    Yeah OK, he is a bit of a crook, but is he wrong, all the fake money they are giving out, just waters down the value of the existing money supply. Better off holding assets than cash. Then we have to choose which assets.

Membaa

Yeah OK, he is a bit of a crook, but is he wrong, all the fake money they are giving out, just waters down the value of the existing money supply. Better off holding assets than cash. Then we have to choose which assets.
    Kyosaki is a tired worn out promoter, he did good with property, made his fortune, his methodology since has been questionable. Gold is as solid an asset as you’ll find anywhere, but as a proportion of a portfolio, not all in.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Don't we all!

in about five years, I wouldn't mind a takeover at $15.
    Havent done the maths but 7 now would suit me better

having done the maths now that is not too bad
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....