sharetrader
Page 266 of 326 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3258

Well done mate, you're a Winner
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

That table on Page 43 must have wrong numbers in it

MET Earnings Growth at 2% pa over last 3 years compared to median 17% of the 4 others in sector
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That table on Page 43 must have wrong numbers in it

MET Earnings Growth at 2% pa over last 3 years compared to median 17% of the 4 others in sector
    Was a disappointing timeframe. If they had of taken the 5 years average MET would have been 15% per annum CAGR.

Surely this is good for the chances of a negotiated settlement with EQT ! https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12338098

Lets all just agree on the mid point of the valuation range being $6.35 and be done with the legal proceedings.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Beagle ...even you would have to agree MET recent financial performance has been abysmal

Something for new owners to fix ....other wise we are doomed if current directors and management left on charge

Fancy UBS selling heaps last week ...or dont UBS announcements mean much at all

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Beagle ...even you would have to agree MET recent financial performance has been abysmal

Something for new owners to fix ....other wise we are doomed if current directors and management left on charge
    Abysmal is not the adjective I would use. Its been okay in a flat Auckland market but I agree management need to do a LOT MORE to drive value in this business starting with massive ongoing share buy-backs if this deal doesn't happen. If they make their FY20 $88m underlying profit target incorporating 4 months of Covid 19 surely you'd have to concede they've done okay and been pretty resilient ?

I think they need to "do a warehouse" and take some serious cost out of head office and also cut down on a lot of other wastage. It won't entirely surprise me if at the vote next month they don't get the required 75%. Telling APVG to go away and lets get back to driving value and growth for N.Z. shareholders over the long run has some merit to it in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think they need to "do a warehouse"
    I would really like this phrase to catch on

Guru

Repairs may be easier to do now that the workers are available and allows "met" to negotiate lower repair costs.

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/38003 Real estate looking strong. Covid free, all good.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Just voted against MET litigating.

Then they can get on with adding some real value to this company...

...or probably not, they have been fairly useless at it so far.
    om mani peme hum