sharetrader
Page 282 of 326 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 3258

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Beagle ...they are going to ‘canvas’ you and me to see whether $6.00 is enough.

Keep near the phone mate

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...786/325857.pdf
    $6.35 is okay with me, (mid point of independent valuation range)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well speculated...how you got heaps at $3.77 or thereabouts.

I think the deal will be done close to the mid point of the valuation range $6.35 and with no MAC clause on the revised offer this is almost a done deal.

Moving quickly along, (the early bird gets the worm), where are the proceeds going to be reinvested ? I think a fair chunk of them will find their way into the other seriously underpriced retirement company OCA. Maybe EQT will look to take OCA over in due course, merge them and extract significant synergies and other benefits by revising MET's business model ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I think the deal will be done close to the mid point of the valuation range $6.35 and with no MAC clause on the revised offer this is almost a done deal.

Moving quickly along, (the early bird gets the worm), where are the proceeds going to be reinvested ? I think a fair chunk of them will find their way into the other seriously underpriced retirement company OCA. Maybe EQT will look to take OCA over in due course, merge them and extract significant synergies and other benefits by revising MET's business model ?
    What - take MET and then OCA - EQT collecting up all the flea ridden dogs in the sector - just too kind
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I take it that this means NZ Superfund happy to get about $6.00 to $6.20 ...soon

Metlifecare has been advised that the Guardians of the New Zealand Superannuation Fund (NZ Super) is broadly supportive of Metlifecare urgently progressing APVG's NBIO and deferring the special meeting of shareholders in order to do so.
    With NZ Super keen to settle that should be enough for the MET directors to fold - with a few cents above $6, to show that they negotiated!
    Last edited by macduffy; 06-07-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Bought in the 4s and sold at nearly 7. Bought back in the 3s and selling in the 6s. I wish such incredible badly managed businesses popped up regularly 😉

I think a $6.50 price is a bargain for them including probably 2 dividend payments not paid - unless a special dividend would be paid as part of this sale?

I think Beagle hit the nail on the head - where on earth do you put the money? I am already hugely overweight in OCA

Outside thinking.

Congrats to Beagle and all the holders who had faith in such an outcome! Interesting times ahead. Well done.

The other retirement village companies will definitely be beneficiaries, once the 1.27 billion or more flows back into the market. I see OCA, with its healthy div yield and discount to NTA as being the prime beneficiary. ARV, which had a pretty good recent result, should lift. The ETFs and super funds will all have allocations to the retirement sector, which they will need to maintain, so the whole sector will lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Congrats to Beagle and all the holders who had faith in such an outcome! Interesting times ahead. Well done.
    Hahahaa so many people selling at 5.75 - must be all the sharesies investors who didn't read the announcement? If i had free cash easy pick up at 5.75 to make a quick little profit.

p.s h
    older since 3.50!

Im getting my threefor!
    Up down Up - played it three ways.

You guys who talked about it happening over the weekend. Psychic or what!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Bought in the 4s and sold at nearly 7. Bought back in the 3s and selling in the 6s. I wish such incredible badly managed businesses popped up regularly ��

I think a $6.50 price is a bargain for them including probably 2 dividend payments not paid - unless a special dividend would be paid as part of this sale?

I think Beagle hit the nail on the head - where on earth do you put the money? I am already hugely overweight in OCA
    Its been a fun ride that's for sure You could be right about $6.50 being a bargain. Fact is the revised independent valuation was done very early in June and since then we've seen quite a lot of evidence of the real estate market's strength confounding a lot of the experts e.g. Barfoots June sales up $6,000 on average on pre Covid level's, if I remember correctly.

Good that MET and EQT are talking. Like you I have a very fulsome portfolio allocation to OCA and not really sure what to do with the proceeds.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-07-2020 at 10:45 AM.