sharetrader
Page 293 of 326 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3258

Why did trading even start today at 4:44
    That is ridiculous and strikes me as manipulative
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Why did trading even start today at 4:44
    That is ridiculous and strikes me as manipulative
    I thought it was a stupid move too. For the sake of 20 minutes, there would be lots out there who hadn't even had a chance to read the takeover decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    I thought it was a stupid move too. For the sake of 20 minutes, there would be lots out there who hadn't even had a chance to read the takeover decision.
    1 minute of trading for us mere mortals !
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I'm going to guess that it was a predetermined set time (15 minutes) after an announcement has been made for shares to start trading again, it just so happens that the announcement was made at 4.29pm...

I am going to vote and advocate against this deal. Why sell $7 of assets for $6 ? MET shareholders are being shafted by a very manipulative EQT and arbitrage funds desperate to mitigate short term losses. Just because N.Z. super fund says they will sell does not mean its a good idea. I still think this is game on and a better offer may eventuate but I am happy to hold long term if one doesn't.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-07-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Very well played by EQT, you have to hand it to them. At the end of the day most of us have played this twice so we really can't complain we aren't getting a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Once the deal is done, I suspect they have to disclose.

Will be a lot of champagne drank tonight - APVG for saving $213m, the usual hanger-ons (lawyers, advisors and bankers) with their success & arrangement fees and the hedge funds (for dodging a bigger loss).

Go and treat yourself to a glass or two - deal's done and it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am going to vote and advocate against this deal. Why sell $7 of assets for $6 ? MET shareholders are being shafted by a very manipulative EQT and arbitrage funds desperate to mitigate short term losses. Just because N.Z. super fund says they will sell does not mean its a good idea. I still think this is game on and a better offer may eventuate but I am happy to hold long term if one doesn't.
    So if there is a better offer can MET get out of this scheme and accept it before the vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Once the deal is done, I suspect they have to disclose.

Will be a lot of champagne drank tonight - APVG for saving $213m, the usual hanger-ons (lawyers, advisors and bankers) with their success & arrangement fees and the hedge funds (for dodging a bigger loss).

Go and treat yourself to a glass or two - deal's done and it's time to move on.
    Kord Mentha get heaps more for rewriting the independent advisors report ...good work eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

“ In a finely balanced decision, a majority of Metlifecare’s six directors”

Kim against - 4 voted to support - one not able to vote

Suppose 4 out of 5 is finely divided
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”