sharetrader
Page 304 of 326 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3258

'twas enough of the rollercoaster for me today, sold at $5.88 and happy with that. As Beagle says the extra with all the associated risks between now and October didn't stack up for me, even if somehow they pull a miracle increase out of that buyer...

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    There is large buying depth this morning following on yesterdays higher volume. Why would buyers be lined up at $5.89 etc to get $6?
    Possibility of a better offer cannot be completely discounted...something I considered but think is unlikely. (Acknowledge anything can happen though !).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Why would buyers be lined up at $5.89 etc to get $6?
    Because they haven't thought it through?

I expected some pull back, but it hasn't happened (yet) it seems like the $6 price is a cop-out even with some decent recent gains... happy enough to be in at low 4's not so long ago and out this morning at 5.89.
    Im already overweight in OCA, and not sure where best store the funds from Met.. Perhaps some more ARV, but would be happier in the high 1.30's low 1.40s....
    decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Because they haven't thought it through?
    11c on $5.89 = 1.86% in 3 months = 7.56% pa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    11c on $5.89 = 1.86% in 3 months = 7.56% pa
    Late October at very earliest Balance. I would be working on 11 cents in 4 1/2 months (assume end of November).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Why would buyers be lined up at $5.89 etc to get $6?
    Because they didn't learn the lesson from what happened when the first offer was withdrawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Late October at very earliest Balance. I would be working on 11 cents in 4 1/2 months (assume end of November).
    11c on $5.89 = 1.86% in 4.5 months = 5% pa

That's their game - fixed interest & arb funds love these kind of returns.

Guru

Thanks swedes this is probably my best stock given the timing I bought and sold in.

The swedish company has made some very rational & textbook decisions and it's our own fault we don't put the fence up.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    11c on $5.89 = 1.86% in 4.5 months = 5% pa

That's their game - fixed interest & arb funds love these kind of returns.
    You would think there's some chance of it being voted down by shareholders and also a very very slight chance the Overseas investment office won't approve this, (especially if there's political interference from Labour governing alone) and also some chance that somewhere in more than 70 pages of detail there's some slight chance for EQT to cancel the deal again if something they don't like happens ? Don't these funds consider these risks ?

I think if it gets voted down it could return to the low $4's...in which case its all aboard the rollercoaster for a third ride
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-07-2020 at 01:08 PM.