sharetrader
Page 44 of 326 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    In the words of Bonnie Tyler - Turn around.......
    Seems to indicate an on-track and well-focussed management approach.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Time Flashes by

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    A totally unspectacular result but the crowd seem to like it.

Stating 200+ units pa from 2015 but that is not spectacular either

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

The term 'Sloth-like' springs to mind

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: do not hold
    om mani peme hum

Can anyone more learned than I shed some light on why this stock has been losing value over the last month or so? Will be looking to top up shortly if it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Can anyone more learned than I shed some light on why this stock has been losing value over the last month or so? Will be looking to top up shortly if it continues.
    Retirement stocks are down overall and seems like a bit a correction alongside the NZX50 downturn which has dropped 8% in the last month. Nothing to worry about too much but they might fall a bit more on the short term

I don't know whether I am "more learned" than you - no data to compare.

However - REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) are currently going down all over the place (as well internationally) - and while MET is a "retirement stock", the value is basically just locked up in property (and maybe a bit of "brand" and "know how").

Just look at SUM, RYM - or if you want to talk "pure" property: ARG. MET is not alone.

Reason? Maybe an early indication of rising interest rates and falling property prices (shares are normally about 6 months ahead of the events). Could be as well just a correction after a quite stellar bull run. Who knows.

Discl: reduced my holding;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Despite the drop MET in my view is a much better value than SUM and RYM, in fact due to ARV not really dropping alot in the past month or two, I think it is slightly better value than ARV right now

I could also be tempted
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 17-10-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Despite the drop MET in my view is a much better value than SUM and RYM, in fact due to ARV not really dropping alot in the past month or two, I think it is slightly better value than ARV right now

I could also be tempted
    As areas outside Auckland start to catch up with house price growth, considering MET's relatively higher exposure to Auckland, will that affect MET's relative SP performance compared with SUM and RYM?

IMO

Me "Hoop it looks to me like SUM,RYM MET are lagging but following the prop stocks down. Most on the ASX and NZX are down through the 60 and 200DMA; i guess due to the almighty dithering FED likelihood now of raising Int rates sooner.Thats how i see it simplified ,so I'm out or exiting(inaus) until the trend reverses."

Pop that local bubble guys and look at the macro; it will save you money for a great lower
    reentry. DYOR and look at the big picture.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    As areas outside Auckland start to catch up with house price growth, considering MET's relatively higher exposure to Auckland, will that affect MET's relative SP performance compared with SUM and RYM?
    You are quite right about MET being more exposed to Auckland than RYM and ARV (both very diversified across the country), although SUM is also quite exposed... and building a fair amount more than MET (in Auckland)
    MET also doesn't have the same great continuum of care that RYM and ARV have, but it is big, has experience, and it is cheap(er)... whether this outweighs the disadvantages we've discussed, this is question... I am not sure, but is it more attractive the RYM and especially SUM? at MET's current price, and their current prices (in my view), yes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Me "Hoop it looks to me like SUM,RYM MET are lagging but following the prop stocks down. Most on the ASX and NZX are down through the 60 and 200DMA; i guess due to the almighty dithering FED likelihood now of raising Int rates sooner.Thats how i see it simplified ,so I'm out or exiting(inaus) until the trend reverses."

Pop that local bubble guys and look at the macro; it will save you money for a great lower
    reentry. DYOR and look at the big picture.
    congrats on selling so low!